Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
nickmartins
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha A , Blackberry Bold 9780 , Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: mobile

what will happen with the alpha dev from January 30

gostaria de saber o que vai acontecer com os dev alpha a partir do dia 30 de janeiro

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: what will happen with the alpha dev from January 30

Please try to use English when you ask questions. That way more people will be able to answer your question.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

nickmartins wrote:

gostaria de saber o que vai acontecer com os dev alpha a partir do dia 30 de janeiro

Some time after January 30, the Dev Alphas will stop working. We developers don't have any additional details at this time.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jetstreamblue
My Device: Z10 LE #00055
My Carrier: Telus

I do hope they will keep Dev Alphas functioning for devs who choose to keep their devices for a while after launch in case issues arise with their apps.  If they prematurely deactivate the Dev Alphas, developers would basically be forced into a "blackout period" of no test device until the LE's are shipped "6-8 weeks after launch" (IMO, way too long a period to be without test devices for serious devs).

VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

In the IRC channel (#blackberrydev) one RIM dev relations fellow assured us that he agreed it would be entirely unreasonable if these bricked on Jan 30, or much before we received the replacement devices, and that he was going to be walking the issue through the system internally to make sure there was a plan in place to avoid that.

No update yet, and that doesn't guarantee anything, but at least you know they're quite aware of our concern and not ignoring the issue.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
AlexXF
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

I do not think, that alpha will be disabled at 30th, because too many devs does not receive it!

It will be curiouse receive Alpha for a week only.

And more problem - there is a too much devs that waiting for a full functional OS, to build/test apps on it. If RIM limit devs by 12.000 devices, it will no good for developer community. Especialy if your app is free.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
brechtryckaert
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Proximus

Too bad for those among us who already sent in their dev alpha's. Wish the delivery would possibly be sooner the 6 to 8 weeks after januari 30th.

If you like my reply, please like.
Check out my personal blog at http://brechtryckaert.be
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pie505
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Telus

Im Not sure if anybody els is haveint this issue but after i updated to the lates os my device pin is blockedd

on the blackberry dev aplha dose anybody know what i can do iv tryed flashing it svereal times 

Please use plain text.
Developer
chall3ng3r
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Z10 LE
My Carrier: UfonePK

I was one of the lucky ones who received that BB10 Alpha B device.

Do we have to return these devices at some time in future? Like if my app does not get qualified for B4BB?

I was under impression that we will be able to keep these Alpha devices for further development, what else RIM gonna do with them? turn them into LE? :smileytongue:

I was also thikning that RIM will post a full BB10 OS update for these devices so devs who got the Alpha devices can continue development with full featured OS and personal use. I believe Alpha devices are full HW platform but just OS features are limited?

I hope RIM will think about devs who will not have retail BB10 devices for 5-8 months after release date.

// chall3ng3r //

--
- Our PlayBook Apps: IdeaPad | EasyCrop | Popcornia
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
- A Kudo is appreciated if you like my post :smileyhappy:
- My post soveld the problem? Please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
is05140
My Device: Blackberry 9810, dev alpha
My Carrier: orange

I read in some post that stickers to send the DevAlpha in some cases are already shipped, so you must return it to get the new one, also if I don't remember wrong, you must ship it (devalpha) before get the Limited.

Please use plain text.