Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: A New BlackBerry 10.1 Update Available Starting Today

sslalani, have you called Virgin AND asked for your issues to be ESCALATED to BlackBerry tech support?

Can you try this on a PC, not a Mac?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sslalani
My Device: Q10

[ Edited ]

Yes, I escalated it to Blackberry and also contacted Virgin. Virgin says it is not their issue as all other functions like SMS, browsing, emails, apps, were working. Blackberry, after putting me on various holds for 60 minutes, put me thru to their US call center, and I then gave up. That's all the time I could spare for Blackberry in my life. Over and done with it now. Also, FYI, I put my phone the entire night so it goes back to factory setting. It is still finding a way to go to its origins!!!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Ok, sorry we couldn't help you.

When you were escalated to BlackBerry Tech support, you were given an incident number and a phone number, if it were me, I'd call back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sslalani

Finally!!!!

Ah, finally!

After like 18 hours, the phone got reset to factory settings.

I had to donwload update, which were like 700+ MB, lost all my apps, SMS, MMS, notes, etc.

Thankfully, I was on exchange server, so my contacts and emails are saved.  But I have to now reconfigure other email accounts.

Other frustrations from Q10:

1. How can I change the configuration where 'enter' does not send the message, like it was possible in earlier models of BB?

2. How can I dial speed-dial number, from anywhere, just liek it was possible from earlier BB models?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

sslalani wrote:

1. How can I change the configuration where 'enter' does not send the message, like it was possible in earlier models of BB?

2. How can I dial speed-dial number, from anywhere, just liek it was possible from earlier BB models?

1. According to your OS release installed (I don't recall what you have installed at this point) when using SMS, just hit your SHIFT and enter key to enter a hard return or new line.

2. You must open the PHONE app first, and then you have the keyboard speed dials available.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sindai
My Device: Bold 9700

Omg! 18 hrs?? I downloaded and rebooted. Been sitting at the bb icon for 2 hrs. And I forgot to baackup! Aaargh! I need my bb 2mrw at work. **bleep**. Does it really need to take this long to reboot!? I'm scared that I prob lost everything. Shoot!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sindai

Did ur bb start up yet!v and if so how long did it take!? Its been over 2 hrs for me and still sitting at the bb icon!!! Aargh!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sslalani

After at least 6 failed attempts over 3 days, I had to put to my Q10 on factory settings, which alone took 18 hours constantly plugged in to AC power. Then almost 1GB equivalent download and upgrade worked. We, the loyal BlackBerry consumers, are bound to suffer. BlackBerry doesn't really value us :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sindai

I woke up and the icon was still there. Decided to hold the top button and restart. Everything came back. Apparenbtly it didn't even update the software and I lost all my texts!! All apps are there. All emails.... Everything but my texts! **bleep**. Unless it will come back slowly. So glad nothing was wiped. I will wait to download the latest os until I hear good things of it. Hahaha
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sslalani

You are lucky that only your texts are gone.  I couldn't make or receive calls for 3+ days!!!  Can you imagine living without that?

My suggestion is (I am not a Blackberry fan any longer, quite opposite to it now) but take the following route.  Hopefully, it will work:

1. Backup your entire set

2. Wipe everything, go to factory settings (be patient, this could take long)

3. Update the software through autoloader

4. Restore data, like contacts, etc.

5. Reload the apps that you may have

Please use plain text.