Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

ActiveSync popup HTML is disabled by IT policy

Hello,

After updating BlackBerry Z10/Q10 to 10.2.1.537, each compose, reply or forward through ActiveSync accounts pop up "HTML is disabled by IT policy". Deleting the account from the device and adding it back doesn't resolve the issue. I know you can ignore the popup and tap "More, HTML format" on each message, but it seems this is a step backwards. Anyone else experiencing this?

(Server is MDaemon 13.6.2; ActiveSync is 14.1; MDaemon has no HTML/text policies)

Thanks!

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: ActiveSync popup HTML is disabled by IT policy

I'm getting the same error. It works fine with Standard Gmail but with Google Apps Email, I get the same pop-up which converts the entire email to plain text.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

This error happens when using Exchange Active Sync on GMail with the new software. It happens on my GMail on EAS but since I'm a free account I don't get support for EAS anymore. I would recommend contacting your wireless carrier for support,and when they can't fix it, ask to be escalated to BlackBerry for support to hopefully get a fix. I would also contact Google. I haven't yet heard whose issue it actually is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for the tips! FYI although most people reporting this issue seem to be using Gmail, this also affects ActiveSync connections to our mail server (MDaemon) so it isn't exclusively Google.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Interesting. I have a work Exchange account (using Exchange 2003) and have no issues. I have an Outlook.com account (I assume the latest Exchange server with Microsoft) and it's fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for confirming, John. In that case, I'll post to MDaemon as well, since there should be no difference between ActiveSync 14.1 over Exchange and ActiveSync 14.1 over MDaemon. Maybe they can release new policies in the next update.
New Contributor
My Device: Z30, Z10, Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

Was this ever resolved. I have justed updated the OS on the Z30 and have started getting this problem. HTML mails are no longer supported while composing a message.

Guru II

To compose you can hit the three dots and select HTML Formatting. Forwarding an HTML is where the problem is the worst.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I'm seeing this on my Q10 with 10.2.1. It only happens with Google Apps for Business using ActiveSync.

I've heard from others; it appars to be only Google Apps and BB10.2.1 that's affected. No other EAS client (iOS) nor another server (Exchange) does this.
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Please help on this, else I need to reinstall previous version only.