Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Am I supposed to reload all my apps at each update?

Finally, AT&T released 10.1. I completed the software update, and restarted the phone.

At least half of my third part apps don't work after the upgrade - either they launch and freeze or won't launch at all.  Is this normal for software upgrades?

I have had to reload them all, with mixed results.  Some simply reloaded, working now no problem. Others reloaded a second version instead of updating the existing one, and some just won't work anymore.

If this will be the norm, I will take into account when deciding whether or not to do the next OS "upgrade" for sure.

Also, does can anyone tell me how to disable that ridiculous black bar that now appears, reading "All apps are to the right" and "Email blah blah is to the left" ? Obnoxious.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Am I supposed to reload all my apps at each update?

Hi Rush-O-Matic,

This shouldn't be "the norm" when updating your BlackBerry Z10 software. It can vary with each application however, depending on the developer.  I would recommend, after doing any OS updates, go into BlackBerry World>My World>My Apps and Games then choosing Update All at the bottom of the screen.  This will apply any available updates for applications.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!