Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

BB 10.2 Update - Problems (Help!!)

Hello,

I just updated the new software release (10.2.0.424) on Q10 (Tuesday afternoon to be exact) & I'm already noticing & encountering a few problems.

1) BBM notification:

- The "red star" notification I see on my BBM icon will not disappear after I've read the incoming message. Even if I delete all BBM conversation windows, it will still show the "red star" indicator as if I did have a new BBM message coming through that I have not checked yet. I've done a soft reboot & have pulled my battery - no suck luck.

2. "Bubble-style" conversations:

Previously I had all my conversations (texts & BBM) in the "stripe" style (apologies if I'm not using the correct terminology); however after the upgrade, all of my texts/BBM conversations are all now in that bubble-style format. I've tried going through my settings to revert back to the display/style I prefer, but it appears that option is not available anymore.
Is this a glitch, or the option has legitimately been removed altogether with this new upgrade?

3. Very slow delivery of emails:

I have my Gmail account linked on my phone & prior to the upgrade, I would receive my emails normal delivery times. After the upgrade, I've noticed that I am not receiving my emails quickly like before. The emails show the timestamp that they were sent & I'm receiving them roughly 2 hrs later. I'm not sure why there's such a time delay on the emails being received. Again is this a glitch with the upgrade.

Quite frankly, I'm getting frustrated & starting to wonder if I should go back to the previous version, as I didn't encounter any of the above-mentioned problems before. Please help!

Thank you,

Carla
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB 10.2 Update - Problems (Help!!)

Also, in regards to the BBM notification icon (the red star/asterisk not disappearing,  I have done the following:

1) Soft reboot (not pulling the battery

2) Turning off the phone and pulling the battery

3) Having the phone on and pulling the battery.

I've also read another posting of someone having a similar situation with their Z10 phone and the solution that was given was the following:

"Could you start up the phone up with the sim removed then reboot it (without the sim in it) to confirm this please? An MMS download is triggered by an invisible sms. Also I don't know how a Z10 handles a Class 0 or 'Flash SMS' (They're the ones that popped straight up on your screen). The problem is that they can reside on the sim and can pop up on the next phone the sim's placed in. Cheers!"

I've tried that - where I removed my SIM card and rebooted the phone, but the red asterisk is still there.

Any other suggestions?? Again, I never encountered this problem before - only AFTER I updated the phone to the new OS 10.2.0.424 release.

Thank you,

Carla