Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
noboundaries
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

BB 10.2 os update

OK, I am worried.

This 10.2 update is concerning, seriously updates that chew battery life, make the unit go hot, data gets wiped, applications that dont work,  and to say it adapts to the new software over a few days, is it alive?????

I have never heard of an update that causes these issues, BB needs to step up to the plate and explain just what is happening. Why are these "side effects' are occuring.

BB is suposed to be "keeping us believers moving" people are losing data, and losing faith.

And we have no wind back os option in case it goes pear shaped, Confidence is one thing, guinea pigs is another..

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Carrier: 8.ta

Re: BB 10.2 os update

After an update the battery tends to drain much faster, I have seen it on all the previous updates I have done however after a few days things get back to normal, most reason I have heard for this is the background scanning the phone does after a major update restoring information and settings. How long has it been since you did an update?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noboundaries

About 12 weeks ago, when i got 10.1.0.4181, i never got the bad battery when updating, but funny thing last night i had a full charge and this moring flat. First time the battery discharged so fast. We are getting, supposedly 10.2 early next week. From what I am reading, not good..
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't understand... are you currently having battery issues now? What are they?

After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness. Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. And, the battery will recover after a few days. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
noboundaries

Battery issues, yes for the first time last night, on 10.1. It drained over night. Full to empty. Never seen it do this before, so not sure why now. Normally 3 days battery life. I charged it this morn and it has used 10 %. Very strange 14 hrs up. In so far as 10.2 see how it goes next week when we get it from our carrier.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
noboundaries

Well we will see how it goes, i just received the update advice to 10.2.0424, and its under way , it looks like a very loooooong slow download..
Please use plain text.