Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

rwk
New Contributor
rwk
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

BB OS 10 - .bbb extension converter to recoup contacts

I left my company and had to return my BB Z10 before I had a replacement phone to transfer the data. Does anyone know of free / purchase software that can extract contact data for .bbb extension compiled using BB system 10 (Z10 phone) from PC (Windows)? Most programs only reference BB system 7 and earlier. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BB OS 10 - .bbb extension converter to recoup contacts

If you get another BB10 device you can restore that backup to the new device. Unfortunately, that backup file is useless for any other brand device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
rwk
New Contributor
rwk

Thanks. In fact, I do have a replacement Z10 but thought I could only use my company address and company computer, of which, I do not have access. Please advise how I can obtain my backup data. (Please make it simple!!!) Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Well, this is going to depend. It depends on if your previous device was attached to a BES. Did you have a personal and work workspace? If so, your backup will only give you back the personal side.

Second, you will need to log into the new Z10 with the same BlackBerry ID you used on the previous device in order to restore the backup fle.

You need BlackBerry Link installed. You also need the backup file. After logging in with the same BBID as the old device, using BB Link restore the backup file to the new Z10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I should probably ask some other questions....Were these contacts attached to an Exchange account with the previous device? If so, the backup will not contain the contacts as they were only sync'd from the Exchange server.
Please use plain text.
rwk
New Contributor
rwk

Thanks John. I was not on a BES / Exchange and contacts are intermingle business and personal. I would like to give the restore a shot. Guidance requested!! Thanks again!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Here is how you do it:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33526
Please use plain text.
rwk
New Contributor
rwk

Thanks John. I will try. Wish me luck!!!!

Please use plain text.