Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
BBGeek67
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

BB10/Z10 OS downgrade

How do I downgrade my Z10 OS to my carrier's Official OS?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10/Z10 OS downgrade

Try this process:

This requires you have a a Windows PC computer.

1. Disconnect your BlackBerry10 device from the PC.
  2. On the PC, turn off your BlackBerry Link and turn off the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  3. Open your Internet Explorer (Firefox may also work) and navigate to www.BlackBerry.com/updates, Down the webpage , select the "Check for Updates" link.
  4. Connect your BlackBerry10 device with which you're having problems. 
  5. On the BlackBerry10 device , press and hold the top edge power button for 10 seconds until it is complete off, and then turn on by pressingthe the power button again.
  6. You will see a prompt appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will appear in a dropdown list just after the LED turns red. You should see "USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN)
  7. When you see that prompt, as soon as possible, click on the OK Button.
  8. After these previous steps have been completed, there will be displayed a message: "Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds."
  9. After that period, the BlackBerry10's LED is supposed to be lit green.
  10. Wait until after you see the LED turn green. Then, there will appear a prompt to install BlackBerry Device Software.
  11. Follow the remaining prompts to complete the install of the operating system.

When the installation has completed the BlackBerry will commence the boot process.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
BBGeek67
My Device: Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

I got it downgraded using this method. Couple hours was spent trying. But downgrading from .4543 leak I bricked my phone in the process. Before that happened it wouldn't let me downgrade as I received an error message using link and via web. I contacted BB call support for help. They did their best to help me downgrade and couldn't get it and I appreciated their help. I should note that I bricked my phone by running the 4543 leak autoloader again and then unplugging the device during the process.

I eventually found the solution on my own as I kept trying to downgrade it. With Link unable to restore my bricked phone. I went out on a limb and I downloaded a lower version OS 10.1.0 .2xxx. Using the autoloader method I Ioaded this OS it debricked my device. From there I tried the procedure above again and it worked! It put my device back to my carriers Official OS, no error messages etc.

There is/was something about downgrading from leak .4543 that it didnt like/allow.

New Contributor
smartamby
My Device: z10

the Z10 downgrade didnt worh for me... my camera and videos aint working again what do i do???

JSanders

smartamby wrote:

the Z10 downgrade didnt worh for me... my camera and videos aint working again what do i do???

tell me how you downgraded?

And to what OS release were you trying to downgrade?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
smartamby
My Device: z10

WANTED TO DOWNGRADE BUT IT DIDNT WORK... I UPDATED TO 10.2.0.429 EVER SINCE THAT DAY THE CAMERA ND VIDEOS AINT WORKING.AT ALL, SO I WANNA DOWN GRDE NOW IF POSSIBLE.

JSanders

Please, turn off your ALL CAPS when typing in forums such as this. It appears you're yelling and shouting at us, and since we are all users just like you, offereing to help, surely you're not shouting at us, right?

You can downgrade using the process outlined here.

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

Knowledge Base Updates
agw
New Contributor
agw
My Device: Z10, Q10

Aaarrrgggg!  I've tried this 5 times and have yet to see ""USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN)".  What's the trick?

JSanders

agw wrote:

Aaarrrgggg!  I've tried this 5 times and have yet to see ""USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN)".  What's the trick?

What is it you're trying to do?

Knowledge Base Updates
karlfoley
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

Thanks for the process - This worked flawlessly on my Z10 on EE in the UK.