Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
deviance
My Device: Blackberry Z10

BBM Freak Out

Hey everyone. I've run into a problem and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue and/or know of or can suggest any fix for it. 

My BBM just refuses to work as of Wednesday past. Funny because it was working perfectly fine before that. All it says now is "Unable to Connect. You need a data plan to use BBM...". I have a data plan and the rest of my data-based services work just perfectly fine. Its just BBM is refusing to work. I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to not recognize my 3G data service that's running everything else. 

*sigh*. What to do, what ti do,

I'm trying to avoid doing a complete manufacturer reset so if anyone can help me out here, would appreciate it alot. 

~d.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BBM Freak Out

Hello,

Have you yet tried the usual fixes...shut down, reboot, batt-pull? That as well as contacting 3 to see if they have perhaps changed something on the back-end?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
deviance

Yeah I've tried all the usual stuff and it didn't help.

I went into a 3 store and they weren't able to help - they told me to contact their support line via telephone. I haven't done that yet because I just know they're going to ask me to reboot my phone etc etc which means I'll have to call them from someone else's phone to be able to do that. So yeah, its 10PM right now, so Ill try that route tomorrow.

~d.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

There have been many reports to this site from many different carriers about services popping in and out. My suspicion is that the carriers are still getting their networks adjusted for the new way that BB10 functions...and sometimes things just get stuck, but only they can un-stick them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
deviance

Apparently Three has not finished getting their system adjusted to allow for non-stop BB service access as per the new free BB policy.

As such, my phone(/carrier) was waiting for me to pay the usual BB service subscription before it would allow BBM to work. So I called them and they put credit into my account and activated my BB services (as per the old system) and told me that they hoped that before my one month is up that the system will adjusted to the new policy.

~d.