Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
snkpkp
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

BBM not Working on BIS, but OK IN WIFI

Hi

I used a pre paid T Mobile SIM in UK for my new factory unlocked Z10, however when I came back home to Bangladesh, the phone setup fine, with emails and I have the Capital E (EDGE) but I do not get the blackberry logo next to it , and when I go to BBM its say NO BLACKBERRY DATA, when I took off the sim and restarted the phone, BBM LOGO is back and starts working right away. What can be done here ? I have tried with my operator, everything...

Contributor
snkpkp

Re: BBM not Working on BIS, but OK IN WIFI

just to up date I called T Mobile UK and had them remove all BBM and BIS services from my UK pre paid SIM.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Yup...BB10 no longer requires BIS. On some carriers, it has been reported that having BIS attached to the account actually impedes some services.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
goldennuggets
My Device: z10

Yes that's right the BBM plan which is used in some countries won't activate until the bis is cancelled...
Contributor
snkpkp

ok so I should try cancelling my BIS ? 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

snkpkp wrote:

ok so I should try cancelling my BIS ? 

I thought you already did? Or do I misunderstand what you said in post 2 above?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
snkpkp

BBM and the BB logo comes on only when there is NO SIM in the sim slot and the phone is on WIFI.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, you didn't do what you said in post 2? Or you did something else? Sorry, but I'm totally lost...can you help me understand your exact situation right now, including where you are with your carrier as far as your data plan?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
snkpkp

My Plan is with Grameenphone (GP) Blackberry BIS, which included BBM, EMAIL and Web Browsing. When I put the GP SIM , everything works except BBM and says NO BLACKBERRY DATA. When I pull the SIM out, the phone connecrts to BB Service and the BB logo appears next to the wifi signal area and BBM Says SETUP COMPLETE and goes to my list of users. I have tried with another SIM without a BIS plan, and still same issue. 

Contributor
snkpkp

Also I purchased the telephone unlocked from carphonewarehouse in LONDON then walked over to T MOBILE to get a pre paid sim to use the phone while I was travelling to UK. Then i came back to my home base which is Bangladesh where I use my Blackberry Bold 9790 perfectly fine with all data and services. After the failure to use the BB data , I called T MOBILE UK to remove my PIN and IMEI from their server in case that was the reason it was not registering to the Grameen Phone network. But It didnt help. So till now , ONLY time BBM logo appears only when the sim card is pulled and device is restarted without the sim.

BB should not have two data parts in one account. Its so fraustrating, I was really liking the phone....