Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BBM not Working on BIS, but OK IN WIFI

You definitely need to talk to Grameenphone. As has been said, with some carriers, having a BIS plan in place impedes functions...on other carriers, it causes no problems. But I have no way to know for sure if this is the case for you. Further, while rare, there are cases where until the carrier actually supports the BB10 methods within their network (which are very different for them than pre-BB10), then things work wrongly. So you need to work with Grameenphone to resolve this.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
snkpkp
My Device: Z10

Re: BBM not Working on BIS, but OK IN WIFI

Ok , This is probably the solution for now ...

The BB 10 requires a 3G SIM. I have a a TeleTalk (Another local Bangladeshi provider and the only 3G provider run by the government which is not so good in coverege) 3G SIM, I put it in and it started working in WIFI mode and I could use regular calls, I didnt need to take the sim card out of the phone to connect to wifi. Now the 3G SIM could not connect to internet because the handheld didnt let me EDIT the APN, but the sim works in Sony Experia Z and the iPhone 4s. So Now I have to figure out a way to make the APN EDIT or have the phone data work. Maybe gettinga newer 64k 3G SIM should do the trick.  

Please use plain text.