Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
mcallisterw
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: O2

'Back' gesture

I've had my Z10 for a few days now, and can't seem to get the 'back' gesture to work. This is a problem in some apps where there is no other way to return to the app's home screen, such as the weather app. At the moment the only thing I can do after say, checking the hourly forecast, is then quit and restart the app.

I've seen in the help, what the back gesture consists of. swiping diagonally up from the bottom right bezel to a point about a third of the way up the left hand side of the phone. Doesn't seem to do anything, but perhaps the help screen is a bit vague and I'm doing it wrong.

Any suggestions, anyone else having difficulty?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 'Back' gesture

Swipe from about 3/4 of an inch (2cm) from the right of the centre on the bottom bezel up and to the left. Try to end on the left side of the device about 1 inch up (2.5) cm.

It must be a diagonal gesture... If it is too vertical it is another gesture.

Also, if you are already back as far as you can go, it will back you out to the active tiles. At least in an Android port it will... :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: 'Back' gesture

Alternatively, swipe down from the top of the screen and select the pin menu option so that you have a back button on the app screen itself.

As mentioned this is for Android apps only.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.