Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
ma_anand
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: AIRCEL INDIA

Re: Battery Drain with 10.2.0.424 Telus Release

I have the same issue. Please BlackBerry provide some solution for battery issues.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
northlondon
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Upgrading to 1055 beta has got my phone working again. Only bug I've found so far is the inability to click through from the hub for Facebook updates.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rudysf
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

I have the same problem - am on the 3rd or 4th cycle of this issue coming up again (now for >24h). When it doesn't happen the battery life is better than previously but I'm also clearly very close to just thrashing the device - and I've been a BB fan for the past 8 years as well.

Blackberry seems to think that Z10s are hobby toys. If this doesn't end extremely soon, I need to switch to a different system and also I don't see any other future than insolvency for BB as a company if they are outputting critical software in this state.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dslee
My Device: Z10 & PB64GB
My Carrier: Telus

I updated my Z10 to 10.2.1.1055 yesterday, and I'm _very_ glad I did. Did not see _any_ of the same kind of battery issues as with 10.2.0.424.

As well, 10.2.1.1055 works WAY better with side-loaded Android apps, and you can install apk files directly.

I EVEN HAVE NETFLIX WORKING.

Search Crackberry.com for it.

THIS is the software release BB10 should have been in the first place. Along with the Android compatibility, there are many user interface improvements - like having 'airplane mode' in the settings drop down. Too many improvements to list here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rudysf

Thanks, I'll try that to get a fix for my expensive hand warmer (maybe I'll switch back to 10.2.0.424 when going skiing though)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
14theories
My Carrier: Telus

Can you try upgrading the twitter and facebook apps and let me know if that heped you?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
northlondon
My Carrier: EE

I spoke too soon. After three days running nicely 1055 just took off and system cpu up over the 50% mark. In fact the phone is now so unresponsive that I can't answer calls before they go to voice mail.

Garbage.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rudysf

Re facebook apps etc: I've completely uninstalled Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter and first thought the uninstall of Linkedin helped but later the problem reappeared.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rudysf

Somebody from BB tech support said I should try taking the battery out over night and then restarting the system - I'm quite pessimistic about that but let's see.

I give it one more week and then will switch to Android/iPhone - too bad I would've hoped they used their last chance, especially given the 1 year delay in "perfecting" the Z10 and OS10. I was even OK with tolerating the phase before the first update where the Z10 crashed up to 3 times per day doing nothing. But this is frankly just too much.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rudysf

Hi northlondon - did this change again? I'm on day 2 with 1055 and like it a lot so far. First sms sending didn't work but now after doing a reset it does. Would hate to see it going into self-destruct mode again as also the UI changes in 1055 are great and things I was waiting for since I got the phone (like direct access to flight mode)

Please use plain text.