11-22-2013 07:46 AM
Back to high cpu I'm afraid. Orange UK even shipped me a complete new Z10 this week. Not the usual "take the battery out and just swap the base unit", but a whole new boxed model. This was meant to eliminate a possible bad batch.
I had a couple of days clear, but then it just took off. CPU chart just starts rising and flattens off at around 50%.
The last attempt was with only made-for-Blackberry apps and I've never installed a game or sideloaded an Android app.
I do recall that this all started going wrong after a recent Android runtime update though, so I still think that's a possible culprit.
I've just restored it (again) and will run over the weekend with only my Exchange account configured. I guess that I'll have to bring a couple of apps on at a time and give them each a few days to settle.
Not exactly what I'd hoped for when I selected a BB phone...
11-22-2013 07:58 AM - edited 11-22-2013 09:36 AM
When I first updated to 1055, I did notice Exchange was doing some funky things (kept resynching), and I've got a very large mailbox. So I changed the sync interval to 7 days (from 30), and it worked fine since. I expect this issue will be resolved before a general release, and might be the cause of your woes.
11-22-2013 09:37 AM
Thanks for that.
I immediately suspected Exchange (I uploaded a multi GByte pst to Exchange last year) but even with all folders synced my Z10 has run for many months with barely a murmer once the initial hit of indexing (or whatever it does) has passed.
I've even checked that all my IMAP folders on other accounts point to valid folders on the server etc. as it seems to me that something is getting itself into a tight loop trying over and over to do something that it can't/shoudn't.
I'll give this another couple of weeks then blow BB for a Lumia 1020... at least I can make calls, take photos and sync with exchange on one of those.
11-26-2013 10:04 AM
Some progress, I think.
On the basis that most of the other threads about high cpu and poor batter performance seem to be related to app, and in particular badly ported Android apps I did the following at the end of last week:
- Performed another factory reset
- Didn't install any additional apps
- Configured my one Exchange account (all my contacts and calendars) and a couple of IMAP accounts
This ran nicely for the weekend so I then set up:
- Notepad plus
- Crackberry app
These are all blackberry native I believe.
Phone has been running without a hitch. So I'm assuming that one of the apps that I haven't yet reinstalled was causing my problems. These are:
- Blackberry bridge (unlikely)
- Blackberry Express(never used it)
- Blackberry Travel
- Bus London (android port?)
- Evolution web browser (unlikely)
- Keepass (please don't let it be this one!)
- OI File Manager (android port)
- Remember the Milk (hardly used)
- Skype (android port?)
- Sound Hound
- Sports Tracker (hardly used)
- tinyCam Monitor Pro (android port) used daily
- XE currency(used rarely)
- Your Orange (I bloody hope not)
- Zoopla (android port)
So.. anyone see something familiar/suspicious there?
11-26-2013 10:14 AM
11-26-2013 12:21 PM
I'm having the same problem. let me ask you a couple of questions since you're not having the same problem:
1. What applications do you have installed
2. Are you in development mode?
3. How many emails/contacts do you have? ( I have around 3000 and I'm suspecting that index could be the problem)
In my case, it's not all day, at some point starts (normally by noon) and runs the CPU above 70% for approximately 5 hours (enough to kill the battery).
I wonder if blackberry employees/customer support even look at these forums. if they do, why they don't ask questions or try to help... anyway, after 12 years using only BB, I think apple will win...
11-26-2013 12:35 PM
12-19-2013 06:10 AM
Over two weeks of perfect running.
I then installed TinyCam Pro, which at one time worked flawlessly for me.
I waited a day between installing and running.
When I ran the app I saw the black screen and progress bar indicating that Android Runtime was starting for the first time.
Within an hour CPU was at 50% and locked there.
Removal of app and resart and I'm back to normal System CPU.
I know that this is not happening to everyone and have no idea why, but as far as I'm concerned the only solution to this problem is to stick to "Built for Blackberry" apps.