Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Apps not working after update Q10

Yea, I'm asking what does happen, not what doesn't happen.

You tap the to open the app(s), do you see them start up, close or what?

Do a simple reboot  On the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

Now, try your apps again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarast27
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: si.mobil

I'm sorry for my bad explanation.. 

If I click on the app, the app starts,opens, but I see just black screen with Blackberry 10 written on it. Down on monitor is running blue line (looks like its downloading sth) but after few seconds it closes and i am automaticaly back on my home screen.  

I tried now to reboot the screen, but its still the same.  Nothing changed. 

Can I do sth else? 

Thank you for your answers

Please use plain text.
JSanders

other than delete the app(s), reboot again, and then reinstall, I don't know what else.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
peterkczk
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Hungary

Re: BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out........ABSOLUTE DISASTER

Hello,

I am still waiting for the update here in Hungary. I am currently using 10.1 and would like to have all the cool features that comes with 10.2. I bought my phone from T-Mobile too, so I think that they have approved the update, I just cannot get it...

I am on the phone for about an hour now, waiting for T-Mobile's BlackBerry support to pick up the "kurva" phone...

I hope your phone'll get fixed! Na zdraví!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sj323
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

Re: BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out.......

Still waiting for AT&T to roll it out. i heard Jan 2014. smh at BB. hope they can make the updates avaible in the USA first to win back the smartphone war.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Re: BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out.......

While it would be a good start, it will take more than timely updates by ATT to win the smartphone war in the USA.

You should let ATT know of your displeasure. They do control the release of the update to their own customers.

You can manually upgrade if you want.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gillesg
My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: Bouygues telecom

Re: BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out

How  you can said that is faster ?

Since I've updated to the new version, it's took me at least 15 second to read an SMS message, Ive trouble with the french keyboard, still missing the caariage return ( and the Shift Enter don't work).

I hate this new version, and I'm just wondering how I can reinstall the previous version

Regards ( from Paris)

Gilles

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ranjanv13
My Carrier: Singtel

[ Edited ]

Updated to 10.2.1.537 last night. 

Good news:

1. It has removed duplicate entries in my Contacts (I used to have 8 of the same entries for some contact items)

2. The meeting invite showing GMT time seems to have been resolved (this is a big issue for a business smartphone and I am surprised Blackberry didn't issue at least a patch for this in the interim)

3. Snap works fine and managed to have Google Maps working easily

Bad news:

a. Emails are coming in very slow.  I use ActiveSync and used to get my emails instanteously

b. A number of emails can't be read as it says "Message body could not be downloaded".  What use is a Blackberry if I can't read most of my emails?

c. There are 2 "WhatsApp" sections in Hub now....1 of them empty!

Because of items a and b, I am on the verge of downgrading my phone's software (will wait another day for the software to "settle in").  Can someone tell me how to do this and where to find past software?  I don't want a factory reset as there was a 10.2 update between the factory software and the release of 10.2.1.537.  I am on Singapore's Singtel network.

By the way, I noticed the moderator's posts suggests to use Blackberry Protect to backup / restore....but I thought this feature is now with Link? And with Link, wifi isn't possible....you still need a cable for backup / restore. 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
galanva
My Device: Not Specified

Have upgraded my Q5, I definately some improvement as compared to previous version. 

But all my contacts are screwed i have around 2000 contacts and now the names are jumbled up. 

Blackberry team please help.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
yonders

I too got my Q10 software updated to 10.2.1.537 last night.

Touchwood I haven't experienced any major problem as yet; though there is a minor problem in the contacts' folder.

In the past my contact's name and her / his company name would fit in perfectly within the permitted space. All this at font size 11.

Now after the software upgrade the company name gets cut by almost 50% from the base. All this at font size 11.

I looking forward to BlackBerry resolving this ASAP.
Please use plain text.