Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5

Re: BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out

I'm going to update today! Looks great!
Super Contributor
donb
My Device: Z10

And for AT&T users, it'll probably be released for us six months from now. Ha.
Regular Contributor
yonders
My Device: Q10

I have been able to update to 10.2.0.424 here in the UAE.

What I fail to understand, is why operators take their own sweet time to release an update. Any answers?
New Contributor
ma618
My Device: z10

BlackBerry update process is so clumsy and unclear that I believe blackberry itself is confuse :smileyhappy:...first I am looking for an answer that is this upgrade depend on operator/career or origin of phone...where it sold first? what is the use of blackberry link.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ma618 wrote:
..first I am looking for an answer that is this upgrade depend on operator/career or origin of phone...where it sold first?

The OTA updates are pushed by your carrier, according to your SIM card inserted in the device.

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs.

There are some ways around this, and some are discussed in another thread in this forum if you are interested.

How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
dnamer
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925

JSanders wrote:
There are some ways around this, and some are discussed in another thread in this forum if you are interested.
How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

Hi JSanders

The "Autoloader" post refers to the 10.1.0.4633 I already have. Didn't find how to upgrade to 10.2 with it.

I tried the "Reload" post option. At the end, I found myself again with the 10.1 OS.

Hope you can help here.

Best,

New Contributor
FrankkeyBoy
My Device: Z10

And we need to get the options to set the frequency and the lenght of the vibration back. I can't beleive it's hard coded this way in the core of the OS.

I love the vibration, it's strong and you can feel it inside your jacket. But it would be just as good to get a triple short burst on notifications or BBMs messages.

I get so annoyed when BBMing and getting long burst of vibrations and I don't want it silent. 

Get the options back ASAP.

New Contributor
gformandl
My Device: Z-10

Re: BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out........ABSOLUTE DISASTER

Hello,

As prompted by my Z10, I upgraded my OS last week to the version 10.2.0.424.  My operator is T-Mobile in the Czech Republic.  Since upgrading, my phone constantly freezes....sometimes in the middle of phone calls meaning I can't even hang up!!  It does not discriminate......it freezes when I'm on the phone, while browsing e-mails, doesn't allow me to close aps, etc.  The only thing I can do is turn off my phone and restart which takes several minutes.  I am currently restarting my phone about 20 times a day and going absolutely crazy!  I am at my wits end......can anyone advise what the problem is or if any further updates are coming that will fix this!!

G.

Contributor
matt1
My Device: q10

Took me about 45 minutes for the updated 10.2 OS to update my Q10, Far from being easier to use, per the accompanying BB marketing, the text messaging is about 10 times slower and locks. Lets hope it "settles down" - I've never heard of modern computer/mobiles needing time to "settle down"..

Contributor
dnamer
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925

To answer matt1, I rather like the concept of a tool needing to "settle down ". It proves you have a system in motion, adapting itself. In my case, the major part took an hour of intense using.
Very powerful system. Thanks to BlackBerry developers !

p.s. Please get bblink to sync outlook tasks with the z10