Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
mrhnsj
My Device: z 10

BlackBerry ID refused to delete

I wanna to delete the old one because I forgot password number for the id and for email I created new email for the id but I can't write it in box
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrhnsj
My Device: z 10

Re: BlackBerry ID refused to delete

I forgot to tell you my mobile is z10 thank
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CINb58221
My Device: z10

m facing the same issue for a.long time and however I tried lots of things to delete my id it doesn't work
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

Based on the wording of the original question in this thread, it appears that the issue has to do with changing the BBID that is associated to the device, not with actually needing to delete the BBID itself...those are two completely different things. To change the associated BBID, refer:

• Article ID: KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CINb58221

sorry if I had confused you. I was referring to my registered email address linked to my BlackBerry id. I would like to delete it and create a new one using the same id, which is not happening.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm still not certain exactly what you are attempting...

To change the associated email address on your BBID, refer:

• Article ID: KB28060 How to change or update the BlackBerry ID Username (email address)

To actually destroy the BBID completely, you must have the original email you received when you originally created the BBID...in that is a link to destroy the BBID:

• Article ID: KB25464 How to delete the BlackBerry ID

But...

CINb58221 wrote:
which is not happening.

From that, I can't really understand exactly what happens. Hopefully the information above will be useful though.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CINb58221

hi. I tries both article IDs but to no avail. after following the instructions, there will be a display that say...account deleted but whenever I will create a new id, it will.say...account exists. pls enter your password. I cannot recall my password anymore nor my security answer. I have been facing this prob for months now.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry, but I'm still not understanding you. So let's go back...if there is nothing about your original BBID that you need to retain, then there is no need to recreate it. You should just create a brand new one and move on. But, since I still do not understand exactly what and why you are trying, then I can't be sure that is good advice or not.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DrBub
My Device: Z30

check posting under Blackberry ID with solution that worked out for me as well. You need  to carry out a reset of your cell phone and you can register new or log on with your correct Blackberry ID. Thanks for the support from the devekopment team above.

Cheers,

DrBub

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CINb58221

hi there! I really appreciate the follow up. unfortunately, I have done several phone resettings and had followed the instructions on how to delete or reset a blackberry id but neither worked out. as for the correct password or security answers, I can never recall either one. so, I had created a new email add (which I really do not want to do as I already have two e-adds)just so I could use the bbm. for sure, there should be some solution or remedy to this issue. creating another email address is THE solution at all. I would want to use my old e-add of course, where I keep all of my correspondence or communications. thanks again.
Please use plain text.