Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Regular Contributor
DVader
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook

BlackBerry Podcasts

I have been using the PodCast app that was submitted by a small developer, however the app doesn't seem to be all that stable and with each new version I find myself missing the old PodCast app on my Torch.

The developer has done a decent job with the interface, but I feel like the app is the cause of some random reboots and no matter what I put in the settings it never deletes old PodCasts so I have to do it manually.  The UI he impimented is it a bit laborious at times and gets sluggish often.

I had been in contact with him and he was responsive on the first few support issues, but he hasn't been all that responsive since. Maybe he is inundated with support requests.

Anyone know if BB will be putting out a PodCast app that works and doesn't reboot my phone?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Podcasts

For what model BlackBerry? You have 9800 in your profile here.

For the Z10, have you tried searching BlackBerryWorld? I see several listed there.

• Podcasts
  • Nobex
  • Podcasts to Go
  • AntennaPod
  • bPod
  • and others

I don't know if BB will creating their own. No word.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
DVader

I have Tune In which is kind of like Nobex, but I really liked how the old BB Podcast functioned.

I checked out some of the other ones before (AntennaPod I believe) and I wasn't happy with the interface. I really didn't delve too much more into it, because the Podcast App I have was so highly recommended with lots of great reviews.

Podcasts to Go may be an option but that app says it has other things for sale.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

DVader wrote:

I hope its alcohol related. I could use a beer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
DVader

JSanders wrote:

DVader wrote:

I hope its alcohol related. I could use a beer.

LOL actually you are right there is a button to buy the App Dev a Beer. LOL

I tried some of the other ones and they don't seem to function all that well either.  I just miss the BB7 PodCast App it worked pretty flawlessly even on that dated platform.

PodCasts To Go was super barebones which isn't bad, performed well, but simple functions were not intuative.  I had to rely on the browser to dig up RSS feeds which is clunky and often RRS feed buttons are at the very top of the webpage which is covered by a small title banner in the browser (I guess I need to start a new thread about that LOL).

The Antenna one was a sloppy Android Port.  I found the performance out of the box (no Podcasts loaded) to be sub-par and the interface wasn't all that great.