Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Reply
New Contributor
bnmismo
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎05-24-2013
My Device: Q10

Blackberry 10 functionality

So I just switched to a blackberry Q10 from a Bold.

 

I am so flabergasted by the lack of functionality with the hallmark of the brand: e-mail.

 

1) Sent messages

I am unable to send messages and keep a copy on my server so that it will be downloaded to my desktop client. In your previous incarnation, you were able to "save a copy on the server", thereby enabling me to download it with my e-mail client. What are my options other than manually bcc-ing myself each time i send an e-mail.

 

2) Contact synchronisation issues.

How could BB release a product that cannot sync properly with Outlook. When I did my migration, all my contacts were scrambled. My wife's name was mixed up with my mother's e-mail. (enter jokes here).

Has any one had this issue, and how did they resolve it?

 

3) "delete on handheld". That was an excellent feature that now is lost to time.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,784
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry 10 functionality

Hello,

 

First, a bit of clarification (based on some of your wording)...refer:

 

BSCF User Comm.JPG

 

This site is not a channel for any formal communications with BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever.

 


bnmismo wrote:

 

1) Sent messages

I am unable to send messages and keep a copy on my server so that it will be downloaded to my desktop client. In your previous incarnation, you were able to "save a copy on the server", thereby enabling me to download it with my e-mail client. What are my options other than manually bcc-ing myself each time i send an e-mail.


Contrary to your wording here, such was not available on every platform before...refer:

  • KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

But, that was provided by BIS. With BB10, BIS is abandoned in favor of a full on-device email client, which indeed can place sent items on the server in most cases. It may perhaps be a matter of how you have integrated your email account that is preventing this function, but there is no setting to control it...if it can work, it will. You can check, in the device "Account Settings > Edit Folder Settings" to see if there is any Sent Item folder with which the device can synchronize.


bnmismo wrote:

 

2) Contact synchronisation issues.

How could BB release a product that cannot sync properly with Outlook. When I did my migration, all my contacts were scrambled. My wife's name was mixed up with my mother's e-mail. (enter jokes here).

Has any one had this issue, and how did they resolve it?


I've not seen the specific issue you report, but there are many many many threads discussing issues syncing to Outlook. If you do not require direct USB sync, I recommend you instead switch to using "the cloud" as the intermediary for full multi-directional synchronization of calendar and contacts...refer:


bnmismo wrote:

 

3) "delete on handheld". That was an excellent feature that now is lost to time.


That was also provided by BIS, and BIS is no longer in play. There are theories that the function may be incorporated into a future release, but such cannot be validated AFAIK. For now, it is what it is -- the device and your server are intended to be "mirror images" of each other...what you do on one will reflect to the other.

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
Posts: 18,406
Registered: ‎07-29-2008
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Blackberry 10 functionality

for item 1)

on my GMail account, I have activated folder reconciliation for the "Sent Items" folders.
and now:

when I send an email from my Z10, I can see it in the GMail webmail (= it is copied on the server).


for item 3)
yes I agree, I wish the BlackBerry team in charge would bring this feature quickly.



The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: