Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
AimanSallam
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Blackberry update ruined my phone. (Problem)

For the first time I connected my blackberry to my computer, I had a prompt to download and install Blackberry Link, as I did, my phone connected successfully, and asked me if I wanted to update. So I said yes, and as it was updating someone called me, I closed the phone and waited. However, almost an hour later, it was still updating, and on bb link it said there is no blackberry connected. So i was surprised, and then decided to cancle the installation, and redownload everything. As soon as I did that my phone restarted, and ever since then its been on a blackscreen with the red dot on the top right corner flashing, everytime I connect it, it says "Cannot Communicate with Device" and then gives me a Reload option. When I press the Reload option, the red light becomes green, and the computer notifies me that it got disconnectied and it got reconnected. When I did that, it is still a black screen refusing to show any signs. What is wrong with my phone!

Its a blackberry Z10

Im using WIndows 7

When I tried updating it I was using Mac OS, it gave me the same problem as windows.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AimanSallam
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Blackberry update ruined my phone. (Problem)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bomayed
My Device: z10

I have been struggling with this issue for few days now , I was unable to reload the original OS that came with the device on my windows 8 as well as my Imac. The only way I could use my device is to apply what AimanSallam suggested. I don't even know if this file loads original OS or not.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bomayed
My Device: z10

AimanSallam , what is your device model ID , is it 100-1 or 100-2 ?
Please use plain text.