Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth devices state they are disabled since upgrade to 10.2.1.537

Hi

We have had (including myself) several users in my company that have upgraded their devices to this latest software.

Since the upgrade we can no longer use Bluetooth devices.  We are getting the message that Bluetooth has been disabled by your administration.

Our BB10 devices connect via ActiveSync and we do not have any policy via ActiveSync dealing with Bluetooth.

Who do we correct this "Policy" that doesn't exist that is blocking Bluetooth use?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Bluetooth devices state they are disabled since upgrade to 10.2.1.537

The best way is to contact Bell and have them escalate your issue to BlackBerry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

As an update - We are an O365 environment.

In further research we have found via powershell that we have a setting AllowBluetooth:HandsfreeOnly

that worked fine with the older BB10 software, but not with the upgrade.

We have to change that setting to be AllowBluetooth:Allow

We are hoping this will correct this issue

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Thanks for the post back. let us know if that solved it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Re: Bluetooth devices won't reconnect after upgrade to 10.2.1.537

Connection with Merecedes bluetooth is not working proerly after this update installed on my Z10.  I can get the initial pairing to work but when I switch off the ignition and then on again and expect the phone to reconnect, it fails to do so. Come on Blackberry this isn't good enough! My old Bold phone worked without any problems. I upgrade to the new Z10 smartphone and I have wasted hours just trying to get it to connect. What is going on? This is a really basic function that should have been well tested before you released the update.

New Contributor

So we were able to correct our issue, by running the following command in powershell

Set-MobileDeviceMailboxPolicy -Identity:PolicyName -AllowBluetooth:Allow

Guru I

Thanks for posting back with that!
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Hi,
I have the same problem... Connection with my Q10 to Mercedes Bluetooth is not working anymore since upgrading to 10.2.1.573... My device finds the Bluetooth of my car and the other why around the car finds the bluetooth of my q10, but I can't connect these two devices.
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I tried running this in powershell on my laptop with Link installed abd BB Z10 connected through a wire.

I am not able to comply with the syntax, would you please help in assisting to run this command in powershell

New Contributor

Re: Bluetooth devices state they are disabled since upgrade to 10.2.1.537 Bluetooth won't stay connected

I can pair to my vehicle (MB E350) but when I turn off the radio or restart the car it will not pair.  It shows profiles in both phone and car but they will not pair.  I have had to delete both bluetooth profiles on device and vehicle and start the pairing process again.  This happened when I upgraded 10 10.2.1.537.  I have opened a case ID 27343869 and was given a phone number 877-255-2377 to folow up.  They did work diligently with me yesterday (over two hours) to reset my Z10 back to factory setting but it retained the latest 10.2.1.537 software.  This did not fix the problem.  I will work with them to downgrade to the previous version. Or see if they develop a fix on this upgrade.  It's a problem.  I suggest you tag onto my case ID and continue to push.

I have checked with my IT group and our policy setting for Bluetooth has always been set to allow.  Could this issue only be with MB cars?  I am on the phone with Blackberry now working through this case.  I will update as I hear.