Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bluetooth devices state they are disabled since upgrade to 10.2.1.537

That's the way to get it solved. Thanks for taking the time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
VickyZ10
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Bluetooth devices state they are disabled since upgrade to 10.2.1.537 Bluetooth won't stay connected

Hello Steve,

I got a similar response from my IT admins and bluetooth was never set as not allowed, infact other users not on BB aint facing this issue, its only me. I am under BYOD policy of my organisation. I shall wait for a resolution from you if you may deliberate as and when it is available.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Bluetooth devices state they are disabled since upgrade to 10.2.1.537 Bluetooth won't stay connected

Often these things are set by default to a setting that makes it not work even though they didn't purposely disallow it. Send your IT admins to this thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ranclar
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi

You have to look at the conditions first - the error message all of my users were getting stated that their bluetooth has been disabled due to a poilcy.

We are on a O365 environment using Active sync to allow our BB10 devices to connect.  So that powershell command is based on that environment.

If all of my conditions apply to you then your system administrator should be able to see the policy in powershell and be able to determine if bluetooth is allowed, denied, or HandsfreeOnly

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christopherrath
My Carrier: Verizon

My IT team also tells me that the handset policy is set to allow connection of Bluetooth devices.  I also have a ticket open with Verizon, in the hope that this will help with getting BB's attention.

Please use plain text.
VickyZ10
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Dear Steve0170857, Did you get any response from BB Support, my IT team confirmed that bluetooth is allowed in the Mailbox policies and its fair as it was working fine before I upgraded the OS after which I landed into this issue. And my handheld cannot update any policy on the exchange server anyways.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Steve170857
My Carrier: Bell

I called Blackberry yesterday referencing my case ID 27343869 and they said their development team is working on it but could not provide an ETA.  They did take my phone number and said they would call with an update but I have not heard anything as of yet.  I will check back with them tomorrow and advise.  I continue to have to go through the complete bluetooth profile delete and pairing process each time I start my car.  There was a reference on another thread covering the same issue. 

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/bluetooth-issues-newest-update-900435/

The solution they suggest is "hand-free option is activated" (this option is available with a long press onto the BT connection and select the 'Detail' option). 

This check box is not visible on my device.  Perhaps it will work for others.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christopherrath

My experience with this issue is that it is happening on a brand new Z10 I purchased from Verizon.  Yesterday, they told me that they're going to ship me a new handset to try.  I am doubtful that this will result in success; but, when dealing with a carrier for support one has no alternative than to follow their own resolution process.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prtruck
My Device: blackberry Z10

The new software update 10.2.1.537 will not allow my phone to work correctly when I have my exchange email setup. Is this a problem with anyone else. The bluetooth works fine, but when I ad the exchange email the phone won't make or receive calls.. help
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Did you read the above thread? You night want to have your IT administration read it too.
Please use plain text.