Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth disabled after OS update

I accepted a Software update to 10.2.1.2122 for my Q10, on 21 March 2014, 9:30am, and my bluetooth connection to my Mercedes has been disabled. I have not been able to restore it and have attempted all the obvious measures.

I know I am not the frist one to have this issue so I am hopeful it has been resolved with a patch or another software update.

Any thoughts?

RickH

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bluetooth disabled after OS update

In your PM you didn't mention it was a Mercedes.  This is a known issue and I don't know if it has been fixed yet.  Read the following KB article.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35735

I do have one suggestion though, that's worth a try.  There is slightly a newer version of the OS that T-Mobile released this week.  I don't know if the fix for the Mercedes was incorporated in that version or not but you have nothing to lose by trying it.  All carrier/Models of Q10's use the same OS so the version is safe to load to your Q10.  Once you're done you'll have a slightly newer version of the OS than Verizon has released but the device will work just fine.  I can't guarantee there is a fix for the Mercedes bluetooth in this version but, again, it can't hurt to try this. 

Follow the instructions below:

This method installs all of the the updated OS files over the top of the old OS, leaving all your data and settings in tact.  It will look very similar to the OTA update you did earlier.  There is no need to restore a backup file when it's done. 

Caution:  Before starting, I recommend making a backup of the device just in case anything goes wrong.  Follow the instructions in KB33526 to make a backup of your device.  I'm sure you won't need it but better safe than sorry should anything go wrong.

1.  Download Sachesi.  This is the small PC app that you will use to download the update files and then install to the device.  Save Sachesi to a folder somewhere you can easily find (desktop usually works good.)  Your browser may automatically put it wherever your default download location is.  It will go where any other download goes. 

2.  Intentionally skipped for this thread only

3.  Connect your device and double-click on Sachesi.exe.  It will open to the "Search" tab. In the search tab you will need to enter the country, carrier, device, and variant codes to get the proper download.  If your device is connected you should also see your device model show as connected.  Enter the following (your device may be a different variant but use the variant listed below for the download):

Carrier: 260

Device: Q10

Variant: SQN100-5

4.  Once you enter the data for your device model you will see a box open up that says "Update 10.2.1.2156 available!"  Click the "Download All" button.  Sachesi will download all the bar files for the update and place them in a folder named "10.2.1.2156."   

5.  When it's done downloading all 158 files make sure your device is plugged in with the USB cable.  On the "Search" tab screen you should see your device connected. 

6.  Once connected click the "Install" tab. (if your device requires a password enter it here.)

7.  Drag the entire OS folder labeled 10.2.1.2156 and drop it into the box.  The update will start immediately when you drop it so be ready. 

That's it!  The update will take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours depending on how many files are updated in the new OS.  The process can sometimes appear to stall but just let it go and don't interrupt it.  You should see a progress bar on the screen of the device, and Sachesi will show you it's progress, as well.

When it's done it will reboot.  It will take longer than normal to reboot so keep the device plugged in or you can disconnect from the computer and plug into a regular charger.  Once booted up, the device will be a bit laggy for an hour or so as everything syncs.  You may want to keep it plugged into the charger while this goes on as the syncing is battery intensive. 

JC Tip:  If you don't have it already be sure to load the app called Snap for installing Android applications directly to your device.  One of the new features of OS 10.2.1 is the ability to directly install Android apps. You simply download the Snap bar file and drag and drop it into the Sachesi Install box as you did above to install it to the device.  Detailed instructions for installing Snap can be found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I will try this when I have some time.

Any idea of the success rate with this "Sachesi" update? I hesitate to just start adding to or reconfiguring my Q10 without a Blackberry sanctioned fix. I can't afford to lose any time or functionality.

Rick H

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's totally safe or I never would have posted the fix here. You may lose some time but not any functionality. Many here have upgraded their OS using this method.

I just can't guarantee that a fix is in there as nobody has reported that it's fixed in that release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

John,
I've started this add on and have a question. I know my device is connected but I don't see an "install tab".

6. Once connected click the "Install" tab. (if your device requires a password enter it here.)
Contributor

Nevermind, I see it. On the Sachesi window.
Guru II

Yep. Just drag that folder into the box in Sachesi. Be sure the download finished and you got all 158 files in that folder. When the device boots up you will see a wifi calling app and a MyTMobile app and you can just delete them as they are for TMobile devices only.
Contributor

Sachesi is having trouble finding my USB device. Been searching for 5 minutes now.
Guru II

What version of Sachesi did you download? There is 1.1.2 that is listed in the instructions but 1.1.3 is out now.

If you have a password on the device remove it and add it back when you're done. Also, try rebooting the device and the computer. If you have any antivirus or firewall enabled on your computer you may need to disable that too. Also, make sure BB Link is not running.
Contributor

Ok, Sachesi 1.1.2 is what was offered. I will reboot both and look for 1.1.3.
No Q10 password is used. I had my firewall prot. enabled and I had BB Link running.
I will restart now.