Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bluetooth disabled after OS update

I'm glad it's sorted for now. However, as I mentioned above, we could have done the same thing by installing OS 10.1 on the existing device.

It is well documented that the update has a problem with Bluetooth and BB is aware of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Understood. I chose to go to Verizon since, as you suggested, they are another source to raise the urgency with BB.
Thanks again,
RickH
Contributor

Blackberry is still trying to push the 10.2.1.2122 update! Have they no clue?
I found very little value in the part of that update that didn't cause me pain. Extra clicks to delete a message? What is that about?
They need to understand that this is not good business. They will lose customers. Maybe they're Ok with that.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]
  • The 10.2.1 update is big. There are lots if added features including support for installing and running android apps from Google Play store and many more features.

The extra steps for deleting need only be done once. You now get the option to delete from just the handheld and leave the email in your mailbox. If you choose one or the other and check the box to not ask again then you won't get that extra prompt.

For you, there is an issue with Mercedes and the update. That is more critical to you than the new added features. That affects a very small number of BlackBerry users so they obviously think it's not worth pulling the update and it's added features for everyone. And to be clear, Verizon tested the OS and deemed it ready to push to their customers. Complain to them too. Since there is a KB out for the problem it means it has been acknowledged and will likely be fixed in a future update. That's why I tried the newer OS with you early on in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I

Also included in the update was ability to customize the Quick Settings, Android 4.2.2 runtime, keyboard enhancements and much more.
Contributor

Hi John,
Question. If I end up having to load an earlier software version from the link you posted, can I load that onto my device through BB Link? Or are there instructions at that link?
Contributor

And do I need to register at DepositFiles?

Thanks,
Rick H
Guru I

You can't load it through Link.  I suggest you stay on the OS you're on if the car connection is that critical to you.  You're not the only one with the issue, obviously, so eventually it will get fixed and you can then upgrade. 

The easiest way to downgrade is using an autoloader.  Not every OS is available that way, though, and that's why I suggest just staying where you're at for now. 

Contributor

I intend to stay with the OS I have, until a fixed update is available.
However, I don't expect to have the option to hold off an update. This all came about when the update automatically started when I turned my device back on after charging. No option to postpone.
Guru I

Cancel the update if you can. In the Software Update menu there is an "Advanced" button. Tap that and turn off automatic updates.