Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
rickhesek
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: Bluetooth disabled after OS update

I wish I could. This is a Q10. No "advanced" button in the software updates section.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

it's the Gear icon at the bottom of the Software Updates menu in Settings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rickhesek

"Settings", "Software Updates", and it shows an update available, 10.2.1.2122 and one button, "Update".
Maybe I need to update the OS in order to get the advanced button? Just kidding.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

This is from my Z30 but the same "option" icon appears in the menu on my Q10.  If the screen is telling you there is an update available and waiting for you to press the "update" button then automatic updates must be disabled. 

IMG_20140329_144303.pngIMG_20140329_144309.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rickhesek

That makes sense and explains this.
Thanks again. I am going to accept this as a solution. Since we isolated the problem and I have a path forward, I can go on with my life. You were and are very helpful so I may be back!
Rick H
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Glad its sorted for now. Lets home a fix comes. You're missing some great new features in 10.2.1.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rickhesek

I believe you. Hopefully, I will get them.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Community Manager
TyW
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Hi @rickhesek 

Just wanted to let you that we have addressed this in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 MR2. 

The update isn't available yet in the USA but it will be in the near future. For more detail please review the following post > http://bit.ly/1tOO6qAI hope this helps and thanks for your patience & understanding.

Thanks for your help as well @John_Clark

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Where there's a will there's a way. The update can be had for anyone with a few minutes to spare.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rickhesek

This sounds great! Just what I've been waiting to hear. I can survive until late June.

I had no indication that RIM was doing anything to resolve this.

Thank you,

RickH

Please use plain text.