Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
Eumenes
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Cannot activate the Z10

Hi,

I have an issue with my new Blackberry z10. I'm trying to activate my z10 with only the wifi network without a sim card, but when I'm connected to the network the phone is locked to "update" without loading bar. I cannot do anything now. When i restart the phone. when I restarts the phone I go back to the same screen and the selection of wifi network. I already tried to put a sim card in the phone but it doesn't change anything.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Cannot activate the Z10

Hey Eumenes,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the issue: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33628

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Make sure the phone is well charged up.

Start the process. Even if the phone appears to go blank, let it sit for more than ten minutes.

I am not sure, but I strongly believe this phone requires a SIM card with an account to start off with.

After it starts the download, it will install the WiFi part of the software and then the rest of the package.  Then it will prompt you for the name and password so it can continue on WiFi.  It will later prompt you for language, time zone, country, and then it will finish installing the OS.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Eumenes

Thank you for your help, I tried this solution but even if I leave the phone more than twenty minutes nothing happens it is still stuck on this screen.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Eumenes

Update:
I left the Blackberry Z10 more than one hour yesterday and three hours more today on the same but nothing happens and the phone stay locked on the screen "System update". I tried reloading the BB 10 OS on my Mac but Blackberry Link gave me the following error: "cannot repair due to error(:null)"
Please use plain text.