Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
BShe16
My Device: Z10

Cannot update my software

I have the bb z10 I have been trying for months now to update my phone software, I keep getting notifications on my phone to update to version 10.1.0.4181 on blackberry link it says the lastest update is 10.2.0.484 but everytime I try via blackberry link I get an error, it gets to 40% and gives me an upate encounted an error message. Im running off a uncapped 10mb line speed so I dont think its my internet line, If I try updating via my phone it says its too big to run manually. Please help me, its getting rather frustrating now as Ive been trying for so long. 

Thanks B

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Cannot update my software

Hi..

The Update is Allowed by the Service Provider to the devices. .  If the Service Provider allows the Update in the Country of yours.. then you will be able to update the Device..

Settings -> Software Updates -> Check for Updates .

If it finds any update then you will be able to download it or else not. .  

Thanks..

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BShe16

I have updated my device before, Ive had it since March this year and have run previous updates. Im just battling with this last one, Ive tried from two different internet lines with no luck.  When I go to the updates you mentioned it says, 'You are connected to MTN, this software update is too large to be downloaded over this network. Please use wifi instead'  I dont have wifi access thats why Im trying through blackberry link? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17

Dear .

The Best Option for you is to update the OS through WiFi . . 

Thanks.. 

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BShe16

How can that be my best option?  I dont have access to wifi and Its never been a problem before using blackberry link and a normal internet line? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17

Hi..

Can you check the BB link Software is the latest ones ?? 

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17

Please try the below procedure ... 

This requires you have a a Windows PC computer.

1. Disconnect your BlackBerry10 device from the PC.
  2. On the PC, turn off your BlackBerry Link and turn off the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  3. Open your Internet Explorer (Firefox may also work) and navigate to www.BlackBerry.com/updates, Down the webpage , select the "Check for Updates" link.
  4. Connect your BlackBerry10 device with which you're having problems. 
  5. On the BlackBerry10 device , press and hold the top edge power button for 10 seconds until it is complete off, and then turn on by pressingthe the power button again.
  6. You will see a prompt appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will appear in a dropdown list just after the LED turns red. You should see "USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN)
  7. When you see that prompt, as soon as possible, click on the OK Button.
  8. After these previous steps have been completed, there will be displayed a message: "Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds."
  9. After that period, the BlackBerry10's LED is supposed to be lit green.
  10. Wait until after you see the LED turn green. Then, there will appear a prompt to install BlackBerry Device Software.
  11. Follow the remaining prompts to complete the install of the operating system.

When the installation has completed the BlackBerry will commence the boot process.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BShe16

I have downloaded the bb link thats about 157mbs. 

I tried doing what youve recommended here and still no luck, it gets about 50% of the way and gives me the same type of error,  what if I backup my device and clear all the software and try this from scratch ? 

Please use plain text.