Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Checking For OS Updates ... My New Hobby

Maybe it's just me, but since getting the Z10 and dealing with countless issues including a replacement Z10, my new hobby it seems it to check for an OS update at least twice a day.

Never have I done this on any other OS ( Android or iOS) ... but I was never this frustrated with a new device either.

Anyone else participating in this new past time hobby?
Contributor
fizou
My Device: Z10

Re: Checking For OS Updates ... My New Hobby

Hi

same here.

So many annoying litle bits.

- No indication on the screen if the sound is off

- VPN L2TP or PPTP are not supported, It was so easy to set up on my Iphone 5, Mac and Ipad, as well as Windows 8

who wants to pay $20 a months for an VPN vendor that support the Blackberry?

- Blackberry link on the Mac is a piece of Sh..., it does not sync, back-up, or connect to Iphotos, it connects to Itunes but wont copy files over

Ical (calendar) from Icloud does not work, sync, had to use Outlook.

- Cannot get the sound back unless you restart the Z10

- and on and on....

Sorry for the rant, just spent two very frudtrating days

Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook

I also check and wait for the update. But overall I am happy with the phone. I don't care about apple or iphone or iTunes. I do own iphone and iPad. But the Z10 is still by far the best phone i have used. Battery is much better than any iphone i had owned, vpn I don't use, so I can't comment on that.
Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook

My Z10 did an update half an hour ago, there is a new version of the Link software and after installing that the phone updated itself.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I did update the link. But phone didn't update. How did you get the update?
Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook

The update just happened when i was trying to sync the data on my phone, I've no idea what the update was the phone just said it was updating, downloaded a file about 5 minures worth and restarted then phone. Maybe it thought there was something missing from the original phone software.

Contributor
mwineBB

It is certainly buggy.  And Missing basic functionality.  For example, searching contacts in Phone app doesn't find contacts that only have Company Names.  Not user friendly feature.

Having sound profile show would make total sense. As would battery life percentage indicator (although there is a free app for that).

It also appears that calendar reminder settings and notifications dont activate the appointment or create a sound.  In fact there's no option to set Calendar notifications in the Notifications Settings.  Or am I missing something?

The update BB Link Software for Mac you may find better although i have to admit, it wasn't successful backing up.  Dragging and dropping music from the iTunes preview mode ( I don't iTunes when doing this) worked very well for me though.

It's supposed to be such a sophisticated OS, however, for the additional time they took to get it right, it is having a few too many early glitches.  Such a shame.

Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

What is your os version now?
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I don't have those bugs
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Best workaround for searching contacts: Use the universal search from the home page, it searchs all fields..

Then simply click the contact, and chose how you want to contact them from the links that are available. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: