Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
VinniDeLaTorre
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Contact Groups

BlackBerry Z10 10.0.9.2372

I used the groups option many times on my old device. I have yet to find a way to create contact groups on my Z10. I understand that this issue has already been brought up, but I could not find it within the forum.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Contact Groups

Hey VinniDeLaTorre,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Currently there is no way to add a group to contacts on the BlackBerry Z10.  There is no estimated time if or when this feature will be available.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gliveron
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

Has this issue been escalated to BlackBerry support or marketing or programmers, If not can a senior member take this initiative please.

As other BB members continue to mention throughout these forums, the "Groups" field or ("Categories" in Outlook) has been included in Pre OS10 BlackBerrys since as far back as I can remember. Please tell me that somebody at BlackBerry HQ has been made aware of the importance for this business feature !!?? Not only is it missing,  there's actually a bug...whenever I access or edit a contact from my Z10, and I have 1200 contacts, it actually pulls it out from it's respective "Category" in my MS Outlook and recategorises is it as "None".  Definitely not cool nor acceptable as this creates even more work, not less. 
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gliveron

My only remaining beef with my Z10's use of EAS sync with MS Outlook is 2 fold: (1) Not all important fields are being synced (missing GROUPS field in OS10, was there in all previous OS versions and synced with CATEGORY in Outlook) and (2) Whenever I access or edit a contact via my Z10, it pulls it out from its assigned Category in MS Outook. I then have to manually reassign said contact once I log into my Outlook via a PC. Pain in the royal you know what !!!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gliveron

Hey JSanders, Any news on this request ??  The issue still exists today !!

Sure they've added a Groups capability to 10.2.1.2141, however it still doesn't sync with Outlook (categories) as it did in Pre-OS10 software devices and furthermore it still pulls a contact out from its assigned category in Outlook whenever you edit or view said contact on my OS10 device (Z10).

Please use plain text.