Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

DON'T Update software until the smtp issue is sorted out

I couldn't wait to update the software, better battery etc. etc. Only when something happens and you search for it do you find out that there is an issue and it is too late. I want to downgrade my software to my original as everything was fine but cannot find how to do it. There is a bug in the software that will not permit an smtp that previously worked fine to send mail from the device which is very frustrating and unprofessional .

If you search "cannot send mail after z10 update" you will find lots of messages and as yet Blackberry have not done anything. This is not a carrier problem .

Contributor

Re: DON'T Update software until the smtp issue is sorted out

Don't get me wrong - I love the phone BUT I wish that I had not updated until this glitch has been ironed out . So, basically wanted anyone else who may be in the same position not to make the same mistake

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Have you called your carrier and had this upped to Blackberry Tier 2 (or higher) support so that they can pull logs and get his sorted out for you? :smileyhappy:

I know that some people are having the issue, and some (like me <knock on wood>) are not. If they can gather enough data about the issue then they can solve it. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor

I haven't , I am roaming which makes it more complicated and it was only tonight after trying to change port numbers re load the account several times that i searched online. 

Contributor

I'm also just hoping that a simple update will cure the problem

Contributor

If I do a security wipe and/or factory rest can I have my original OS version or is this a stupid question?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three UK

I was trying to find an answer to that same question carson. lol. 

Contributor

Restore - doesnt do it and there are mixed messages whether factory reset downgrades the OS version  . Any clarification would be very welcome.