Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dead Blackberry 10 Q5. Please Help

Hello guys,

I'm a blackberry user from Indonesia and currently living in Madrid, Spain which there are no blackberry service centre in this country. I bought my Q5 in september 2013 and yesterday my Q5 went dead with no reason.

The red light blink once, then pause, then blink again for several times. I searched on the internet of what the red light means and it says that my OS has crashed. As i mentioned before that in Spain there are no blackberry service centre i was wondering if i could slove the problem by myself. But i have tried every basic steps and it doesn't work.

So this forum would be my last hope to help me revive my Q5. I appreciate your help.

Thank you

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Dead Blackberry 10 Q5. Please Help

Ouch... please try this...

Connect your Q5 to the OEM wall outlet charger. Let it charge an hour, and then with it STILL connected to the charger, do this:
Reboot: On the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

If that does nothing:
Restart: Press and hold the upper edge power button about 20-30 seconds, see what happens.

Any screen or LED activity when doing either?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code