Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: attiaiscad those

Re: Deleting of Emails on handheld vs desktop...

Ok sorry for any undeserved attacks mary and just to show me you really are reputable, how about posting that email…you know, the one from Blackberry posted up early in this thread. I would like to see who is the sender... like you wil lol

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: attiaiscad those

Maybe Someone who wants to help me can dfind me here. blackberryworks.com

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Autopage Cellular

Hi I have a 9790 and I have literally thousands of emails which I wish to delete of my phone, but do not want to delete them off my desktop. Is there a way to select 'all'  and delete, but leave the desktop as is?

Terry

New Contributor
My Device: Torch & Z10
My Carrier: Monaco Telecom

Should not delete on your server if you are at any BB 5.0.4 or lower. 

Open your messages on phone. (make sure you have a latin/english keyboards selected in typing settings.

Click T for going on top or B to go to bottom and then using P to go day by day. Once you are at level/day you want to delete and prior , CLICK on the BB MENU and select DELETE PRIOR and just wait.

I would suggest to go to your setting on the phone and select to keep messages for about 14d or to your preference.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Okay guys, this will be my last thread on this subject as my company has decided to upgrade to Iphone vs Bb Z10 and here is why:

The ability to keep DELETED emails ont he server (desktop) EVEN if you delete on your new BB Z10 is gone with BES10 Server.  For some reason, Rim decided not to keep this abiloity which was a deal breaker for my mgmt team.  Now, of course, you can say: "if you dont want to delete it, dont delete it!" and i agree with you...but some people dont like to see all their emails on their handheld.  Anyhow...a workaround is this....you can create a sub folder in your INBOX called lets say... "Inbox Copy" and create a rule in Outlook that ALL incoming email send a COPY to this subfolder...so now when a user gets an email to their Exchange account it will also leave a copy in the newly created subfolder as well as your BB Z10, so when a user deletes from their Z10, there will still be a copy in their INBOX COPY folder for later reference.