Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Tele2
Accepted Solution

Disable "swipe-to-unlock" function?

I'm having a big problem with the swipe-to-unlock feature of my BlackBerry Q5. The feature I'm talking about is the one which lets you unlock the phone by swiping from the bottom of the screen even while the display is turned off. On paper this seems like a great gimmick but in reality it's one of those features that makes me regret buying a BB10 device.

The problem is that the display has such high touch sensitivity that it registers touch events through the pocket fabrics. I have on more than one occassion been calling people from my pocket and taken a couple of hundreds of photos of the inside of my pocket, without knowing it.

I can't seem to find a way to turn off this function, maybe you know some hack that makes it possible? I'm seriously considering buying another device.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Tele2

Re: Disable "swipe-to-unlock" function?

Sorry for bothering you. I found a forum thread from someone with the same problem. The solution already exists in Settings>Display>Swipe to Wake.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Unconscious-Emergency-Call/t...

Anyway, it's still a pretty bad feature, but at least now I can turn it off. Kudos BlackBerry!