Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone (Sorry)
Accepted Solution

E-mail, BB World et al

Good Morning everyone.

I have had some strange things going on over the last 48 hours on my Z10 and I wonder if anyone has had similar.

Firstly adding email: The device will not add an e-mail account that I know the settings are correct for. It asks for the account and password and gets through the settings/servers details screen. It then defaults back to the accounts list where the e-mail does not appear. Even after a security wipe I now can not add any accounts on any domain. If it matters, all of the accounts we previously in the BIS for my most recent device.

Then BlackBerry World has a problem accessing My World. If I want to download an app again I have to pay for it again and when I go into My World and then Apps a pop up says: "Unable to retreive Digital Locker for user: ******"

I am tempted to go back to BlackBerry Link and try a full reload because the security wipe did nothing but wipe all contacts... or should I try restoring to the day I opened the phone first..... or am I missing something else completely?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: E-mail, BB World et al

Hello,

A guess...but what you are describing has been described before, with the root cause being that the BIS account remained active with your provider on the Z10. BIS accounts are not required for BB10 devices, and on some carriers have actually prevented full functionality, just as you describe.

From what you describe, it sounds like you have shifted your account from a pre-BB10 device to the Z10. As such, I'd recommend talking to your carrier about shifting your account to one that does not have BIS, and see if that clears up these issues.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

When I renewed my contract to ge the handset I was moved off of a BIS "bolt-on" and onto a standard data contract; could that mean they have not dactivated my account properly?

Hall of Famer II

Yes, it could mean that...but only they can look "behind the scenes" to know for sure.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Spot on!

I called Vodafone after doing an update and finding I still could not add accounts. Although they put me on a non BB plan to start with they omitted a hotspot allowance and when they altered to include that they managed to stikc me back on a BB price plan....

Rollon Midnight!

Hall of Famer II

Excellent! While a BIS plan is not required, proper routing of certain things "behind the scenes" remains required, and most carriers have specific things they must do in their systems so as to accomplish that. And it sounds like they finally figured out the proper configuration for you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates