Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-mobile / Telekom

E-mail synchronization

I don't want to get the e-mails on my bbq10 deleted, when the e-mails on the e-mail-server were deleted.

With bb os7 this was possible.

Thanks for the answer.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: E-mail synchronization

HI and Welcome to the Community!

Sorry...with BB10, not possible. The intent is for your device mailbox to be a mirror image of your server mailbox. The only control you can have is items deleted on your device -- you get to choose if those are also deleted from the server or not. But items deleted on the server will be dutifully replicated and deleted from the device. This is by design.

It may, however, vary by email service type. Certainly for EAS and IMAP this reconciliation exists. But, for POP, it may not...I honestly abandoned POP long ago, and so have no ability to test to be sure...but I recall this being how BBOS/BIS worked as well (no reconciliation from server to device of anything done on the server).

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-mobile / Telekom

Re: E-mail synchronization

Hi, many thanks for the answer.

For example in Windows Live Mail you have the possibility to choose (by a checkbox) whether you want to leave a copy of the e-mails on the server. If you choose this option, the local E-Mails will not be deleted even if you deleted them on the server. This is a nice feature.

Even Blackberry should be able to provide such a feature with the next update.

Best wishes.