Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
sandrot
My Device: Z10

Email and general sync issue - delayed

I've had my z10 for 3 weeks+ and seemed to be working flawlessly, until recently.  I started to notice numerous issues with hotmail and suspected the problem was with the service as it suffered a few service outages during the time.  So I switched to office 365 which I believed would be more robust, but after functioning well immediately after setup,  the same problems persist.

Bottom line, the phone receives the updates between 5-10 mins after actually being received on the corresponding real account.  And when my z10 finally receives the message, it is stamped with the original time ie account1 sends email @ 10:30 to activesync office 365 which receives it at 10:31, z10 receives it at 10:36 but timestamped with 10:31.

The above accounts I've mentioned are setup with activesync (office 365 is activesync or exchange?).  I also have a number of other email accounts that I've used to test situation and the z10 seems to be the laggard.  Desktop outlook and the available web mail for any of the accounts show the change in status 5 to 15 mins before the z10.

I have deleted, restarted, reconfigured the outlook.com and the office365 account numerous times and it was sending/receiving near instantly immediately after, but ultimately the delay appears and persists.

What can I do to troubleshoot this problem?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email and general sync issue - delayed

You're not the first to notice this degradation of ActiveSync services over time. I've noticed it as well.

What I'd advise, is that you call Rogers with this issue, and specifically ask them to "escalate" the issue to BlackBerry tech support, Tier Two level support.

I think there are over all AS issues and they can help you, and at the same time get logged that another user is experiencing the delay.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandrot

Thank you. Glad I posted here and not crackberry, where I would have received dozens of "works perfect for me" responses until getting something I could use. :smileyvery-happy: I appreciate the knowledgeable response.

I'm going to leave this thread open until I report back any response i receive from rogers.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

When you talk to Rogers, let me stress that you ask for the issue to escalated up to RIM/BlackBerry suppport.

You will receive an incident number and a phone number.

If you don't get those two things, your issue hasn't been escalated.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandrot

will do, on hold with them right now

forgot to add on the timestamp issue, seems a bit dishonest to effectively backdate the delayed email but maybe that is how email is configured these days. But I would prefer to be able to see the actual received timestamp in the message.

Please use plain text.