Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
slviccars
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Emails

Trying desperately to set up my gmail email accounts to the new Z10 and having a nightmare.

Following the online instructions, I have gone SETTINGS - ACCOUNTS - ADVANCED and attempted to set up my email address.  This is one of around twenty attempts and the same message occurs:  " The server imap.gmail.com for your account (....) is not responding.  Please check your settings and try again."

Any help please?  It's starting to hurt my head trying to get it all set up!!  How has everyone else got theirs sorted?

Thanks.

New Contributor
slviccars

Re: Emails

I'd like to add that I have also configured POP and IMAP in my Gmail account also and this worked on my previous phone without issues.  Is it a BB10 issue? 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I advise you to create a new email account, but using the advanced setting, and choose Exchange ActiveSync.
It works fine for GMail.
username = display name = your GMail address
the rest is straightforward.

Once it is set up, you have three things activated:
email
contacts
calendar.
therefore have 6 accounts at that point.
once you confirm that this works, you can delete your three other GMail accounts (imap/contacts/calendar)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
dvwakeman
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

I was havig the same problem with my Gmail account until I noticed that it was actually tansferring the emails and contacts but not the calendar.  After several phone calls to Vodafone they said that Gmail calendars are not compatible with BB10.  In the BB10 Settings/Accounts, remove the entry for Calendar and you should be OK.  The only way I have found to get my calendar into the BB10 is via an Outlook Live Account - what a pain!!!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Gmail calendars work fine if you set up as advanced and choose Exchange Active Sync. Use m.google.com as server entry.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
slviccars

Wasn't too fussed about calendars but this seems to have actually worked!  VERY thankful for your speedy response - thankyou! :smileyhappy: 

New Contributor
slviccars

Try the advice from below as it seems to have worked for me well as my emails are pushing without an issue.  Thank goodness for forums! 

New Contributor
EMB7
My Device: Z10

I got the same problem & tried your advice to set up Exchange Active Sync. I used m.google.com as server entry, but now get error code 403 saying that service for my account is not available and it actually says 'Access should be available soon' - does that mean I just wait??!?
(I left the port number & other options all set to default)
I'd appreciate your help, thanks
Contributor
gregzebest
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

I have exactly same problem but in french langage :smileyhappy:

I'm with Roger here at Quebec city

I follow this link http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/how-to-setup-gmail-sync-on-blackberry-z10

I can login with gmail regular account but not via Microsft Active Sync  , the only way for now is with Outlook.com

I buy Calendar Sync but it say You need to setup Gmail via Exchange Active Sync

I call Roger sand they say I need to remove BIS form my plan. but nothing change !!

Any idea ?  Is it a special option in my Google profil ?

Or may be it isn't compatible with free account and it's only for Google App account ?

Contributor
gregzebest
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Ok I find information :

"Blackberry has posted a knowledge base article indicating it is a known issue and being looked into, but there is no eta for a solutions as of yet.

Yes it is true that the 403 error when trying to connect to active sync will not be resolved.. this isn't an error.. it's indication that you do not have active sync on your account.. google as removed active sync from free accounts. Everyone should stop suggesting it be setup this way, as it is no longer possible unless you have a paid google apps account.. it was originally supposed to be cut off on Jan 31st.. but it appears they took their time.. people got their z10's on feb 5th, and right up until feb 9th I believe you could still sign up via active sync so people assumed it was a bluff and told people to continue to sign up that way, but it has now been turned off and unless something changes, it's not coming back on.

As for the advantages to active sync.. their are a few in terms of speed and battery consumption, but not to the point that they will be noticeable to all.. to the average user IMAP/carDAV /calDAV will do just fine once the issues with calDAV are sorted out.. and since active syn is no longer an option with google, there's no point in dwelling on it."

Source:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/z10-gmail-calendar-not-working-768540/index2.html#p...