Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Emails

gregzebest wrote:

Ok I find information :

"(...)google as removed active sync from free accounts. Everyone should stop suggesting it be setup this way, as it is no longer possible unless you have a paid google apps account.. it was originally supposed to be cut off on Jan 31st.. but it appears they took their time.. "

hello gregzebest,

I strongly advise you to not consider the crackberry forums as a reliable source of information, especially when the poster has less than 2000 posts on that forum.

RIM did not publish anything on their knowledge base on that issue. On the other hand the Community Manager here did post an announcement, it's here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Announcements/Learn-how-to-sync-your-contacts-calendar-multim...

Besides, Google has never planned on removing ActiveSync for existing free accounts. Some people have suffered issues, but it is (to this day) a minority.

It feels natural to start not using ActiveSync anymore for your GMail account, and switch directly to IMAP+CalDAV+CardDAV. Unfortunately, the Google *DAV servers are not 100% operational, so I advise to do that later.

In the meantime, for example for my specific case, ActiveSync works perfectly.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.