Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

aperture1115
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecim

Facebook Notifications on Hub don't appear

I updated my Z10 recently with os 10.1. After the update, I noticed that Facebook notifications dont appear in the hub like they used to.

I tried performing a system restore to the extent of losing all my contacts in full hope of it solving the problem. But still, the notifications dont appear in the hub.

I hope theres a solution to this asap.
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Facebook Notifications on Hub don't appear

Hello aperture1115,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding notification on Facebook for BlackBerry on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Do you have Facebook enabled in your Hub settings and do you currently have notification enabled withing your Facebook settings? Tap the menu icon in the top right of the application. Select Account Settings - Notifications - Notifications from apps. Is Facebook for BlackBerry 10 checked?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Draconianfire83
My Device: Bold 9650 - 6.0
My Carrier: Sprint

Facebook Notification in HubHey, I am currently having a similar issue with my BB Z10.  I AM getting notifications in the Hub, but they do not look the same as they used to. i.e. they do not have any functions on the bottom taskbar... the "Back" button is there, but there is NOT a overflow (three dot button) nor are there contextual buttons (Like, Comment, View Post, etc).

Screenshot Example:

Please use plain text.
Kurumbajack
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: E-Plus

Hello,

I've got the exact same problem. The facebook app worked out fine until I updated my Q5 to Version 10.2.0.415.

Since then, no facebook-notifications appeared in the hub (Even though there should have been a lot of them). I checked the account settings,  "Enable Notifications", "Sync Messages" and "Sync Events" are turned on.

When I open the facebook app on my Q5, I can see the up-to-date news feed. However, I can't access any Messages: After opening the "Messages" Box within the Facebook app I try to let them sync. It says "Loading..." but nothing happens.

I guess that there is a problem with the BB-Facebook-app in combination with the new OS version.

Is there any solution for this problem? I hope that there will be one because I use Facebook a lot for communication.

Please use plain text.