Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

ixelion
My Device: Blackberry Q5

How to stop Blackberry ID notification?

I chose not to sign up with Blackberry ID as I am not interested in any online functions. Every once in a while I will recieve a Hub notification that an application is trying to access some feature. Clicking on the notification sends me to Blackberry ID sign in page. 

How do I stop these notifications? All I care about are text and missed call notifications. I attempted to change Hub and notification settings but nothing is working.

Please someone tell me there is a way to turn this off.  

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How to stop Blackberry ID notification?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, BBID is deeply embedded to the device, and is used for many many functions. You cannot "turn off" that embedding. The only thing to do is to actually create your BBID account (please, remember your credentials!!) and then simply not enable anything further.

I realize this is not the answer you desire, but it is the only answer given the device you chose to purchase.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
rahulusit2010
My Device: z10

Re: How to stop Blackberry ID notification?

NO