Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
Simonvetterli
My Device: BB Z10

How to sync notes and contact between Outlook for Mac 2011 and Z10

I just bought my new Z10... love it.

Now, I am interesting to sync notes from Evernote or Outlook for Mac 2011 and my Z10. Doe's somebody know about it?

Evernote, I know, not have an app until now. Hope soon.

But okay to for me, if it's a way how to sync the notes from Outlook for Mac 2011 to my Z10. Include the contacts... would be nice.

Hope somebody know it...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How to sync notes and contact between Outlook for Mac 2011 and Z10

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Evernote is integrated into the Remember app. Enter your Evernote credentials into the Settings > Accounts area, and then you will have a folder within Remember for your Evernote items.

For Outlook notes, that's different...and presently not available via any means whatsoever. There is talk about returning full USB sync, but that's not yet available (and I'm honestly not certain if it'll return for MAC at all).

Contacts and Calendar can be done OTA via Outlook.com (though I've no idea how to integrate that into Outlook for MAC), as well as USB 1-way via the latest LINK software (again, not sure about MAC).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Simonvetterli
My Device: BB Z10

Hello

With evernote - that works fine for me...

And if it's not possible to sync the contacts from outlook, I can live with it.

Kindly Simon

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

If you can find a way to get Outlook for MAC to synchronize calendar/contacts with Outlook.com, then the Z10 can work with that quite well...I have two Outlook client instances (both PC, one 2007 and the other 2010, both using the Hotmail connector), one Z10, one PlayBook, and one Android all synchronizing contacts and calendar between them via Outlook.com. They further all are interfaced with Gmail as their primary email (EAS grandfathered where capable, IMAP otherwise), and I don't use the Outlook.com email at all (the account is there solely as my calendar/contact synchronization interface between all of my platforms).

But, again, I've no idea if/how to configure Outlook for MAC to interface with Outlook.com...you can probably find help on that in some MAC forum, especially since technically that is totally irrelevant to the BlackBerry functions themselves.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code