Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3

Lock Screen Timeout not working since upgrade to 10.2?

I have always had by Lock Screen Timeout set to 3 mins but since 10.2 upgrade it now appears to be hardcoded to what seems to be about 15 to 30 minutes. Anyone else having this problem?

This is a bit of security problem if you rely upon screen lock to secure your personal data from unauthorised access. If I put the phone down I want to be assured that it will lock out quite quickly.

I suspect that the problem is caused by Lock Screen Notifications so I have switched that off for now to see if it helps. I allow Gestures when locked to unlock the screen. Tend to use the power button to lock. Use gesture to unlock.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BB

Re: Lock Screen Timeout not working since upgrade to 10.2?

Try a reset: when powered on hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

You can restore your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html