Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Lost my Q10 and BlackBerry Protect isn't working :(

BB Protect isn't showing my device even though I'm certain that I enabled it. Is there anything that can be done?

New Contributor

Re: Lost my Q10 and BlackBerry Protect isn't working :(

[ Edited ]

So far all I've come up with is displaying a message on the lock screen by creating an event in my calendar. The title and location are my message. I wish I knew how many characters will fit though :smileyfrustrated:

New Contributor

Is it possible to find my BB PIN without the phone, so I can send messages that way if the device is hard reset?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Your PIN is on the box in which the device came when you bought it. Your carrier might have a record of your PIN as well. 

BB Protect cannot find your device if it's powered down (dead battery, shut off intentionally) or if it's indoors where it cannot connect to GPS. 

New Contributor

Thanks for the information :smileyhappy:

I now have my BB PIN, but without a BB phone can I use BBM to message my lost phone?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

This helpful thread contains pretty much all information regarding your unfortunate situation:

While that thread was written for legacy devices, the information holds basically true for BB10 as well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code