Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Rav
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Lost my address book

Hi. I updated my OS on my Z10 and downloaded whatsapp and I realised that my address book has disappeared... Can someone please tell me how I can get my address book please.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Lost my address book

Hi there,

Do you mean that you can no longer find your contacts app? I would start by restarting your Z10 by pressing and holding the power button for a couple of seconds, then select the Restart option.

Does that bring it back? If not, double check that your Contacts app simply hasn't been moved into a folder.

Keep us posted!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Rav
New Contributor

Yup I can't find my contacts app...sorry not used to to the terminology :smileywink:

I restarted my blackberry but the icon/app is still not there...

Silly question but how do I check if its been put in a folder??

Also when I go to my whatsapp it says my contacts are empty!!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hmm, that's odd.

Can you try to compose a message and see if you can access the contact list from there? Or what happens if you open the Phone app and select the Contacts tab? Is that empty as well?

If that's not empty, then check folders by looking for an icon with two or more app icons inside the one icon.

If your phone contact list is also empty, this would suggest a software glitch. One fix would be to back up the device using BlackBerry Link, then reload the device software, or the other option is to call your carrier for warranty support.

To reload the software, follow the instructions located in the following link for assistance:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-to-Reload-your-Blackberr...

I hope this info will help!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Rav
New Contributor

Hi. Thank you for your solution. I worked a solution too, I upgrade my software on the Z10 and with that my contacts were back!! From the looks of it it was a system glitch but at least now I have my contacts back :smileyhappy: