Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

haiderissa
My Device: z10

Major Contacts Issues (Linking)

Hi,

I am having major issues with my BB Z10.  It is having 2 problems:

1- It seems to link unrelated contacts together for no aparent reason.  There are no similarities in the name or number at all.  I end up with duplicates  - for example it would link a contact called John Smith to another contact called James Matthews, I would then end up with two James Matthews entries in my contact list but each one has a different set of phone numbers, one of them has the correct number for James Matthews and the other having numebers for both James and John.  If I unlink the contacts I end up losing the John smith contact from the list.  I noticed this mostly happens when I add a contact from my call log list, for example if someone calls me for the first time and I add them to contacts from the call log, there seems to be a high chance of the scenario (although I am not 100% sure).

2- I have 19 contacts in my BBM application but when I turn on the option to display BBM contacts in my contacts list only 13 of the 19 show up.  This is causing an issue as I can not link the remaining BBM contacts to to the profiles that relate to them.  I tried adding the BBM pin to the contacts manually and although it saves the pin it still does not recognise this is an existing BBM contact and instead shows an "invite to BBM' button next to the pin inside the contact entry.

These 2 problems are very annoying and the first one is making me lose trust in my contacts, I have lost many and I am not confident I know who is calling me or who I cam calling / texting.

I am syncing my contacts with GMAIL only and I am not saving anyting on my SIM card - it is blank and has no contacts on it.  GMAIL sync is working ok both directions.  I have the latest 10.2.0.424 OS version installed.

Please help me as this is my last cry for help before I switch to another platform that can do this basic contact task.  I have been using BB for a while and seriously getting upset and fed up with this buggy platform.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
msb247
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105

Re: Major Contacts Issues (Linking)

It's like you read through my mind. I'm having exactly the same problem. I had to disallow all apps from displaying contacts in my list. I currently use my native contacts only and instead of linking, I manually edit & add info into a single contact & delete the rest.

As for the 13 out of 19 issue, the remaining are already integrated into their respective entries.

As for the mix-up regarding contact details, try going to contacts settings & untick 'find more contact details'. This uses all or part of contact names across ur networks/accounts to link them automatically which might be different people with similar names in most cases just like james smith & another james as u illustrated.
Please use plain text.
haiderissa
My Device: z10

Re: Major Contacts Issues (Linking)

I don't have the cloud option enabled.

I added a new contact today and called it Marco.  For some reason it was saved and linked to another contact called Nev who was already in my contacts which caused a duplicate.  I deleted the duplicate and added Marco again, this time it got linked to another contact called Stuart and again caused a duplicate.  To get around this I had to rename one of the duplicate Stuart entries and had to live with it this way.

Something is very wrong.  Come on blackberry..what a **bleep** product.

Please use plain text.