Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync BB 10 with Exchange 2010

Dear Support,

We have Problem about Blackberry 10 With active sync Microsoft Exchange 2010.

We have sync email to Microsoft Exchange 2010 and it’s success . But we have a problem. did not find the data in column number “Other” contact in blackberry .

Column Number                 Outlook                                Blackberry

Business                              Sync OK                                Sync Ok

Business 2                           Sync Ok                                Sync OK

Home                                     Sync OK                                Sync OK

Home2                                  Sync OK                                Sync Ok

Other                                      Sync OK                                NOT SYNC

Please Help and give me Solution , many thank for your help

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-3 • Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync BB 10 with Exchange 2010

Have you heard back from BlackBerry on this issue ??

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi Yudo_prasetyo,

This issue occurs because the Exchange ActiveSync protocol does not support synchronizing some contact information.  See this article for details on what does and does not sync.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2692134

Marissa

Regular Contributor

Thanks Marissa, but this doesn't address the missing "Groups" field in OS10 Contacts !!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi,,, Marissa and Gliveron, thank you very much for your response, which I do not understand why in BB Os 7 all contacts sync fine, but in BB OS 10 sync not great, thanks Yudo
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BB 7 and earlier doesn't use Active Sync, BlackBerry 10 does. The same problem would be encountered on any Active Sync device.
I'm not sure what Gliveron was referring to by the "groups" field.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Marissa,

So are you saying that EAS is not capable of syncing the same number of contact fields as was possible with BES ??

FYI, the "Group" field is known as Categories in Outlook, and given that I manage close to 1200 contacts, I've been using Categories to group my contacts for years. In pre-OS10 devices, the cross reference would be made to the Groups field in BB contacts. Hope this helps clarify and sorry for mixing in a different variable. But since we were on the subject of syncing contact fields, I thought I'd throw it in the conversation. It would appear that the contact syncing abilities of OS10 devices using EAS are not as complete as those for Legacy devices running on BB servers !!