Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
Allan1
My Device: Z10

Mobile Broadcast 50 notification and phone switching to silent mode - Z10

Hello all.

Could someone give me a steer on how to get rid of a constant "Mobile Broadcast 50" notification that comes up when I go into the hub. In the morning there must be about 30 of these notifications to dismiss Extremely annoying. I need a detailed, step-by-step guide, please. A previous answer to this question was a bit too vague for me to follow.

Secondly, my brand new Z10 has three times now switched the notifications mode to silent and turned the sound off. Anyone with any bright ideas how to stop this from happening?

Thirdly, how do we get Whatsapp on the Z10?

Many thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Mobile Broadcast 50 notification and phone switching to silent mode - Z10

Hey Allan1,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The Mobile broadcast notification is controlled by your network service provider.  Contact them for more information.

Also when did the notification mode start switching to silent?  Whatsapp is available for BlackBerry 10 software running 10.0.10.648 and higher.  What version of BlackBerry 10 are you currently running?  This can be found under Settings>About.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Allan1

Hey VF. Many thanks. I've got the 50 message sorted and it's been suggested I'm touching the volume button on the side of the phone, putting it in silent mode.
My software is 10.0.9.2372.
How do I ramp it up a couple of notches? Again, I'm a complete novice at this so treat me gently, ViciousFerret.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gwinnaar
My Device: bbz10

Hi I am also annoyed with the mobile broadcast 50. Please assist. It's the only thing I don't like of the bbz10. Everything else is great love the phone except for the fact that I can not upgrade my software on it, cause I don't have wifi.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Allan1

Hi. Go into Notifications in the hub, go to the three dots at the bottom right select blackberry hub settings, select mobile broadcast and finally select off and the job's a good un. Hope that helps. I feel your pain on the upgrade. And the battery life on this phone is appalling. I barely get 24 hours with not using it at all and hardly a day if I do. Seriously unimpressed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gwinnaar

Thanks, great it worked.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gwinnaar

Any help on how or where to go for the upgrade, apparently it helps with google calendar sync and improve battery life?
Please use plain text.