Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
VF_user
My Device: Q10

Mobile Hotspot BLOCKS other devices after Update 10.2

[ Edited ]

Hi,

somthing strange happened to my Q10 after updating to 10.2. Mobile Hotspot is still working and I don't have any of the country restrictions others have. It just blocks out most of my other devices from using it (like a MAC filter).

While I can access the mobile hotspot with a Samsung Galaxy Tab, all of my HTC and Sony smartphones are blocked! "Authentication error" - although password and everything is ok.

Apparently I am not the only one. Someone posted a similar question on yahoo answers: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131029072710AAFt0QE

Can this PLEASE be fixed? For the time being my Q10 is absolutely worthless to me since one of its majour uses was turning it into an LTE Hotspot!

Regards

New Contributor
VF_user

Re: Mobile Hotspot BLOCKS other devices after Update 10.2

Updated today to 10.2.0.429 - still the same problem! Nothing has changed!

New Contributor
bbvince21

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Why hasn't BlackBerry replied to you? Any updates?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

BlackBerry doesn't reply here...refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code