Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
recognize84
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Music still shows up on my phone after i deleted it and blackberry link issues

there are still songs on my phone after i have deleted them on and from blackberry link. i got the same problem as one of the members from this post but its on a z10 not torch.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Can-t-Delete-Music-Info/td-p/1152677

inside the blackberry link i can't find any music(i deleted everything) but on my phone it shows that i still have songs.

when i open the file it saids "the file can't be played due to an unexpected error (1)". under the artists tab i can hold down the folder and i can get the option of deleted it but after i deleted it, it is still there. same thing happens under the albums and genres tab. ive checked my sim card and phone drive under the music folder and it shows no music in both folder. ive back it up from the start and even if i restore my phone the phantom music files are still there. i have the most updated blackberry link as well. my phone is still in the stock os because im afraid to update to the current 10.0.10.85 because my previous z10 never turned on and i had to get an exchange. in my blackberry link it still shows my old z10 pin and i can't remove it. i get the error saying "BLACKBERRY-XXXX cannot be removed as it is associated with the current blackberry id. ive called in to my service provider and they can't figure anything out.

Thanks for your time

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Music still shows up on my phone after i deleted it and blackberry link issues

Hey recognize84,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

After you remove the music files, if you remove the battery and place it back into the BlackBerry Z10, do the files still come back?

I would suggest doing the update as well, as there is a lot of bug fixes and enhancements with that update.

I look forward to your reply.  

Cheers. 

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
recognize84

Re: Music still shows up on my phone after i deleted it and blackberry link issues

Everything looks ok at first glance and this time it started up after update so everything going well. I will test it out tomorrow when i got more time. Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
recognize84

after some testing everything seems ok with the media side of things

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Jubbs
My Device: Blackberry Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi guys, I started experiencing this same problem just yesterday and it's really driven me up the wall!

I'm glad your problem was resolved recognize84, I hope mine goes as well as yours. Here goes:

I organize my music by month, and use the Album metadata to categorize my music as "Jan 2013", "Feb 2013", "March 2013" and so on to keep it easy to find the newest tunes. (I have upwards of 1500 tracks on my device.) Everything has always been swell, adding new music almost daily to these folders until the next month comes along. However, yesterday I tried to throw some new music into the March folder, and that album went haywire! 

Certain tracks would appear twice in the list, one of which would give the same message recognize84 got, "The file can't be played due to an unexpected error. (1)"

Then the strangest thing happens, any song I choose that does play, it will play the audio from the next track in the playlist! It's the most bizarre glitch I've ever seen.

So after troubleshooting like crazy I'm not sure what else to do. I've deleted any and all files, including hidden ones in March 2013 folder, as well as deleting the folder itself. Transferred from memory card to device and back again, nothing. Battery pulls do nothing, it just finds them again once it's indexed. 

Music is integral to my Blackberry experience and I am absolutely in love with the Z10 music interface.. So I really hope someone out there has a better idea than I on how to fix this.

Thanks for your time!

Please use plain text.