Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

mvn
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380

My z10 is not turning on

I was trying to update my z10 using Blackberry Link. I waited an hour and it finally said that the software update was done and i can disconnect my phone. After I noticed that z10 was losing its charge really quickly and display the wrong time and date. I tried battery pulls and it was still not working. So, I decided to reload its software, and i can't. My z10 is not even turning on.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My z10 is not turning on

Plug it in and let it charge for a few hours.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
mvn
Contributor

My z10 has been charging for a few hours now. I unplugged it a few minutes ago and tried to turn it on. the LED flashes red and remains turned off.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Can you better explain what happened? You said the battery was discharging so you pulled the battery. The update says to plug into a charger while it's updating. Did you do that? Please describe exactly what happened.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
mvn
Contributor

I was updating my z10 a few days ago. It was plugged in while it was updating. The next day, i noticed that the battery was dying really quickly. So I did a few battery pulls, but my phone won't turn on. Today, I tried to reload the software through Blackberry Link, but it wasn't working. I posted this problem on this forum, i received a suggestion and i followed it. Even after following the suggestion, my z10 is not turning on.

Guru I

Ok, so the battery pulls were not done when the battery was dead then? You were just trying to see if the reboots would stop it from draining so quickly?

As for the software reload did you try that pnly after this problem started?
mvn
Contributor

No, the battery pulls were not done when the battery was dead. Yes, i was trying to see if the reboots would help it stop from draining quickly. And I tried the software reload after this problem started.

Guru I

Does your computer recognize the device when you connect it? Do you get that familiar USB connection sound letting you know it's connected?
mvn
Contributor

Yeah, it does recognize the z10.

Guru I

I have seen the screens give out on occasion. Are you sure it's not turned on but you can't see the display? Have you tried calling it?

If you don't think it's display problem then you might try reinstalling the OS using an autoloader. Pick the OS you want to install, download it, connect the BB and then just run the autoloader. Note: You will lose any data that might be on the device.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...